Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

how much did your nano cost?

Jared

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, imagine if we had to total how much $$$ in livestock we put into this hobby, that'll probably double the equipment cost....

About a $1000 on a 25 gallon lagoon, and its a fowlr right now. Saving up for a light which is gonna run me 6 to 8 hundred more + stocking it.

I have a 10g and 15g-both had different costs. I kept my costs down by buying some used items.

10g IM - used $50 came with the skyyelight

Upgraded pump $30 - use orig. to mix water

Caddy basket $30

Heater $40

Sand $10

Dry rock & lr $30

Aquamaxx nemolight $130

Stand - free. Made it.

15g

Tank $30

Heater $40

Powerheads $40/each

Lr - $60

Sand $30

Par38 bulb $60

Stand - used for $40 reinforced with 2x4(free)

Filter api superclean $24

Added items:

Buckets $10

Airline hose $3

Filter floss $10

Carbon (depends on choice) $10 +

Test kits (anywhere from $10-$30/each)

Magfloat $15

Gravel vacuum $12

Salt (depends on choice)

Water(depends)

Foods

Thats to start

Too much, nano box, apex, gyre, vortechs... I don't even want to know or I will have to rethink my life's choices.

Told my fiancee I was starting a cheap 8 gallon reef after I found a Deep Blue cube half off.

I'm past $500 without livestock. I told her I got everything used.

my 3 gallon had close to 1000 bucks in startup, however I had it all laying around already except the light and those were the prices of everything new. my first 10 gallon was set up under 300 bucks and ran great for what I wanted; lps, softies, and hardy sps. It was a cheap 2 bulbt5ho, koralia nanos, cheap-o heater,bagged live sand, and rock from gulfliverock.com.

After everything I learned, the only thing I wish I had from the beginning was a controller to back up the temperature. Not saying to spend spend spend, but it is a good idea to buy the best of what you need for your dream tank. It is alot cheaper to buy one super nice setup rather than buying a mediocre one, waiting 10 months, upgrading to an average one, and then a year down the line buying the one you actually want.

Archived