10 replies to this topic

mikeguerrero

mikeguerrero

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 3,663 posts
  • Joined 20 Nov 2004
  • Hayward, Ca

About a month ago I inquired on the efficiency of Absolute Zero nitrates. Some users liked it and claimed it's fantastic just as the bottle states, while others have said they got no positive effects...

I want to share great results that I got with my reef. I run a 72 gallon reef with ozone and UV. I went through one bottle of the stuff in about a month...

My reef has had a nitrate problem for some time, I have not been able to go below 20 ppm. Even with water changes the best I have brought the nitrate has been to about 10 ppm just to see it climb back up to 20-25 in less than one week...

Well here are the pictures of my success the before and after; to any non-believers give it a try it brought my nitrates to Zero!!!

Before AZ-N03
Posted Image

After AZ-N03
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mike G
Posted Image

Visit Mico-Reefs.com to learn more!

Izzue

Izzue

Reefer

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Joined 12 May 2005
  • Jackson,MS
Tks Mike
Pretty cool...have you noticed any slow down on algae and Macro growth?/
Izzue
75 GAL

Armadildo

Armadildo

Back from diving the reefs

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Joined 31 Dec 2003
  • Albany NY Capital of the WORLLLLLDDD !!!
Bottle reads:

Not for human consumption

DAMN IT !... it isn't just sugar water anymore !

Cool. I had been wondering if that stuff works or not :)

mikeguerrero

mikeguerrero

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 3,663 posts
  • Joined 20 Nov 2004
  • Hayward, Ca

Tks Mike
Pretty cool...have you noticed any slow down on algae and Macro growth?/
Izzue

Algae has been controlled I don't see that going nuts in my aquarium. But then again I have a whole Reactor that runs Rowaphos; so phosphates are in check...

My macros haven't seen any decline but they are growing.

I wanted to get my nitrates to 0 for a long time and now with proper water changes and control feedings I will see how long I can keep these low nitrate readings.
Posted Image

lgoins

lgoins

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 741 posts
  • Joined 15 Sep 2003
did you start off with a phosban reactor or did you add it after you had the sps. I was thinking of adding one, but have heard some horror stories about them bleaching when phosphate remover was added.

Physh1

Physh1

Mr. AutoTopOff

• Members
  • 2,515 posts
  • Joined 04 Nov 2001
Good to see it worked for ya mike...you may want to try using some algone packets to maintain it at zero...easier to use that azn03...

Excellent results though :D...

Cameron

dstarview

dstarview

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2006
  • West Columbia, SC
I've been watching your posts on the ongoing nitrate battle. It is safe to assume that the algone did not do the trick? I'm having the same problem and am interested in your results. Keep up the progress reports. Long term results would be great! I hope this works for you...my nitrate problem worries the hell out of me.

mikeguerrero

mikeguerrero

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 3,663 posts
  • Joined 20 Nov 2004
  • Hayward, Ca
For those users that about to embark on a phosphate reactor be careful. Those units are very powerful and in my experience I recommend as do the instructions that you add one of these units in the beginning of a major reef setup.

I introduced my reactor about the third month of setup and my corals took a beating, some of my SPS corals began to STN and they died. I almost lost my blastos. I was very ###ed that I had not read the instructions to the fine print.

I'm going to change out my rowaphos soon as I'm seeing some algae spots here and there but I'll wait a couple more months; I can also check the effluent and if the phosphates show high, it's time for some new media.

Regarding the algone, I didn't see any drop in Nitrate, just really pure water and I used big packets. It drove my ORP way down real quick and made my skimmer go like mad.

It took a whole day for the ORP to gradually climb back up to where it was before.

I feel the AZ-N03 was a much better product for Nitrate to zero that is a given in my case.

Would I recommend Algone, yes if you have water discoloration and wants some absorbants to kick in.

AZ-N03 for those users that are serious about having zero nitrates in their tanks.

As per the instructions, this stuff continues to drive the skimmer mad for about 30 days after last day dosing.

I want to see how long it takes for Nitrates to climb back up. I do a 10 gallon water change every Sunday, like clock work and I've cut down to one feeding per day, controlled with pellets and sometimes some flakes.

Before I over fed like mad tons of flakes 3 times a day and Tangs will eat as many times as you feed them.

I let them nip all over the rocks and they get one nice feeding in two small doses, only what they can eat before it hits the gravel.

Mike G

Edited by mikeguerrero, 31 May 2006 - 12:13 AM.

Posted Image

NanoBound

NanoBound

72gl bowfront reefer

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2003
  • Illinois
Were can I find this AZ-N03 at? I have looked online with no sucess.

Nuhtty

Nuhtty

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,569 posts
  • Joined 06 Nov 2004
  • Northeast
Congrats on finding a nice product.

Ive seen pics of the tank mike...I dont think you would even have a nitrate problem if you were so chock full of livestock!!

:)

drbegalke

drbegalke

Jason Begalke

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 03 May 2005

Were can I find this AZ-N03 at? I have looked online with no sucess.

http://www.marinedep...no3.asp?CartId=
Jason Begalke
--------------------
~Custom Reef Search by Google~