Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sinistard's 12g nano cube after 1 year

Sinistard

Well I originally set my tank up around December 30th of last year so my tank has been up for just around 1 year now and it's still going strong. I'm sure without this forum my tank would just be a bowl of fish/coral soup and I appreciate all that I have learned here. Thanks to all those who answered my stupid noob questions in the beginning, especially larnie.

Also thanks to Chris over at nanocustoms.com with his upgrades and help I'm sure my tank is better off today then I would have been without. If you need any lights for you nanos of even other equip you should check out his sites.

I have had a few casualties and I'm sure some were due to my inexperience. Hopefully I was able to learn from any mistakes. My latest problem is a few of my zoos have developed a fungus or algae that is killing them off. I tried removing the sick ones and I hope it stops it from spreading time will tell I guess. I don't know where it came from I have not added anything new for quite some time.

Well anyway to start off this tread I am going to go with a FTS from day 1 and one of it today.

Day one

FTSdayone.jpg

Here it is today, It's a bit crowded in the sand bed. I plan to move a few of the corals including the orange monti cap and the brain into my bigger tank if I ever get it up and running.

FTS1-1-06.jpg

Here is a link to my original thread if you want to see the tanks evolution a bit more.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49162

I will post a few coral growth shots, and some other pictures later.

Thanks for looking and for all the help.

Nathan

Here are a few growth pictures

Frogspawn-- 1 head then around 6 now

frogspawnbefore.jpg

frogspawn1.jpg

Acan Lord -- Around 1 whole head plus 3 half heads then, probably 20+ now

redgreenlordbefore.jpg

redgreenlord.jpg

Here is my Green lord. It was around 2 1/2 heads then around 10 now. The color in the second one is very close to the actual color, it really colored up over the last few months.

greenlordbefore.jpg

greenlord.jpg

Here is a Monti I got from Phishy Business. This grow has happened over 4 months under 96w of PC lighting.

montibefore.jpg

monti.jpg

That's it for now I will post more pictures later.

Thanks proraptor and Sebea.

I love the growth I am getting out of my lords and my monti.

Unfortunately I had another digi that did not make it, I think it was to far out of the flow and it slowly faded away. The monti cap that was supposed to only be in the tank for a few weeks that turned into a few months is actually growing very well just sitting on the bottom.

Again thanks for the compliments.

Archived