Cultivated Reef

100 Gallon Oceanview Reef

reefer21

Hai, can I haz ur tank? Your zoas is the shizzle.

um... I better not answer that. Why thank you, I like your signature picture.

That's an amazing tank you have there! What are your future stocking plans?

Well it's kinda funny you asked cause I was thinking about adding another wrasse of some sort, but I'm not sure. You having any suggestions? Here are my current tank inhabitants.

1 Six-line wrasse

2 Percula Clownfish

2 Yellowtail Damselfish (I hate these mean suckers)

3 Hermit crabs

1 Emerald crab

1 Sand Sifting Sea Star

14 Nassarius Snails

Here is a pic of the new top to keep the fish from jumping out.

014.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry to hear about the pressure treated wood that is a pain.

Yeah, I was very upset to come back home and see all my fish and corals dead that I had since I first started reefing...

Those zoas don't exist any more.

Lets see a new photos and the like!!! Details and what not.

All the corals died, except for the red mushrooms and green palys. I have some new corals that I need to show off when I go home next week for Christmas :D. Will post lots of pictures.

great looking tank i liked that stand better in the natural color but still looks good ill keep wachin this form

I wish now, I would have put a thin coat of lacker finish on it. It's just most of the furniture would match if I did this.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this year for Christmas, I didn't get to take any pictures as I had to spend time with my dad after he had a massive stroke Sunday Dec. 21st. I had to go on emergency leave and fly out on a $800 plane ticket the 22nd early as I was not going to wait to see him. When I arrived at the hospital he was in NICU and I was only allowed to see him for 30 minutes at a time 4 times a day. The doctor told me that he probably wont walk again and get much use of his right arm. The first time I saw him he was not doing very good and still had a big clot behind his right eye. After about a week in a half they moved him to a room where I could spend all day with him. He is still in the hospital this very day with much of his right side paralyzed and is recovering with intense rehab. I'm deeply sorry for no pictures, but my dad needs me and is far more important than my tank right now.

• 1 month later...
Well this year for Christmas, I didn't get to take any pictures as I had to spend time with my dad after he had a massive stroke Sunday Dec. 21st. I had to go on emergency leave and fly out on a $800 plane ticket the 22nd early as I was not going to wait to see him. When I arrived at the hospital he was in NICU and I was only allowed to see him for 30 minutes at a time 4 times a day. The doctor told me that he probably wont walk again and get much use of his right arm. The first time I saw him he was not doing very good and still had a big clot behind his right eye. After about a week in a half they moved him to a room where I could spend all day with him. He is still in the hospital this very day with much of his right side paralyzed and is recovering with intense rehab. I'm deeply sorry for no pictures, but my dad needs me and is far more important than my tank right now.

Just found this thread again. I'm so sorry to hear about your father, that is not an easy thing to go through. I hope all is well.

I am looking at the same tank that someone has for sale. The Oceanview tank they have is not drilled though. I am trying to find out if OV uses tempered glass on any of their tanks before I buy it because I would need to drill it for the overflow and CL.

Archived