Innovative Marine Aquariums

AI Prime questions

Alexervin239

Hello everyone,

I just picked up an AI Prime HD and I'm trying to get it setup correctly. Whats the general consensus on color profiles or does it really not matter as long as their all about equal?

With the fan on the light, is it supposed to be on all the time or should it turn off once the light is sufficiently cooled.

Thanks!

Lights should only turn on when it's getting hot.

Color wise I've just been tuning it to my liking. I got lazy and just did the "color wheel" that lets you set color temperature and intensity. I lowered the red light though coz I heard red is for algae.

My schedule is:

2hr ramp up with blues only

1pm-8pm full spectrum

8pm ramp down

10pm-12am moonlight(i use 3% rb blue for moonlight)

My percentages are

15% green

20% red

29% white

80% RB, V, UV, B

Reds and greens shouldn't be very high. Red too high can burn corals.

Most like white on the lower end as the blues, violets bring out the colours of corals. Too much white increases algae too.

Now i acclimated my light up to 80%, I wouldn't start it out at that.

There should be an option where you can pick out 14k, 15k, 16k etc etc.

Hi Clown,

How tall is your tank/how high above water is your AI prime? I've acclimated up to 60% over the past month and have been debating on when to stop increasing.

My tank is i believe 13.5 in height 24 in length.

My light is 10" from surface.

If you have corals only increase light 3-5% a week. Depending on what you have for corals will depend on how much light you need.

Do you guys hear a buzzing sound from the fan when it's on? The fan seems to be on all the time when the light is on, it also seems quite inefficient at keeping the light cool

I hear mine sometimes but its not very loud. I have no issues with temp from my light.

I read somewhere that if its loud there may be damage to it. Something to do with the grill.

I'd contact the company

Archived