Top Shelf Aquatics

$1 per gallon

fishhands

ive worked at that chain and the dollar per gallon comes several times a year, so dont worry if you dont get it, or ask the manager for rain check.

I'm planning on drilling mine. Wife said the 40 was big enough. Talked her into the 55,but then I didn't like the dimensions. Too narrow.The only problem is I've already bought the overflow for something much bigger. Silicone is better than I expected. Mine was built by "Flanza" not a misspell, checked twice. I guess they didn't train "Tina." For 60 bucks a tank and sump will be the cheapest items in this build.

I'm planning on drilling mine. Wife said the 40 was big enough. Talked her into the 55,but then I didn't like the dimensions. Too narrow.

It's not commonly talked about, but if you input the dimensions into a tank volume calculator, you get:

40 breeder = 48.5 gallons (surface area of 662.46 inches)

55 = 56.2 gallons (surface area of 618.24 inches)

So the difference is only 7.7 gallons (instead of 15 gallons), with the 40B having more surface area.

Here in northwest Indiana I was just at this chain and the had 5 10 20l 20t 40b 55 and 75 all for a dollar and they said the sale will be going on till the 28th of this month hope this helps someone.

I picked up a 40 breeder to replace another aging 40. What I did was sell the aging one for 85$ ( which here in Canada is still a steal) and I kept the brand new 40$ one! I had to bring it across the border but I still came out on top, even with our exchange rate. I had to show the border control my bill for the tank because he didn't believe I only paid 40$ for it. He was soexcited he said he was going to get one as well!

Archived