inTank Media Baskets

Help please. I didn't buy enough water

fr0ntsight

as;kjfsako;jfiowkqjoifwjdaksdfjkjasdlfk;jsadjfask iknewit kdasj;fdja;fjlk;dsjflkjsdafdjal;jdflkasjf;l1sd

it's friday, delivery should be shorty

I agree with everyone above. It may sound harsh but its honest. I researched pretty much full time for the better part of 8 months ( and a binder full of notes) before I assembled all my equipment let alone added a drop of water. Even after cycled and lost some livestock. only now reaching 3 months do I feel the least bit comfortable with stability.

Unless you enjoy just throwing money into the wind or banging your head against the wall, I'd stop. Take a deep breath and even just try to basically consider the direction you want to go.

Then read about keeping temp and how much heat you'll need. Cycling, what type of cycle you want to complete, and how to test, when and for what. As well as salt parameters for what you'd like to keep and lastly how to mix and figure out salinity.

Everyone here is beyond awesome and helpful. Researching the basics will take hours but will be worth it in the long run. Lastly I'd just heed what people are suggesting. Some people ask the same questions over and over and don't seem to ever take advice they request.

ENJOY!

• 4 months later...

Thought I would give a quick update on how the aquarium is going.  All the water parameters are good.  I've added the wave maker and an eshoppe protein skimmer.  I also ditched the media basket HOB filter and replaced it with my protein skimmer.  All the live rock and sand has done a great job of filtration.  It's stocked with a hairy mushroom, goniopora, palythoa, green star polyp, lord scan, a really beautiful black and white brittle star, a fire shrimp that has already molted, a pair of platinum clowns, a bi colored blenny and a green clown goby.  I would love any feedback on coral placements or any ideas on improvements.aquarium.thumb.jpg.8b5010d7b6fbcc593fb929332db44246.jpg

a few more pics

20170325_131439.jpg

20170326_223339.jpg

20170402_144344.jpg

20170402_144405.jpg

Archived