ReefCleaners.org

Jesse's Fusion 10 - It's wet!

Obsessed Reefer

Obsessed Reefer

Welp, it's that time again. After spending 5 months out of state for work, I've taken down my Fusion 20, and after a long self debate of getting a Red Sea Reefer to replace the Fusion in the living room, or a small tank for the bedroom, I decided on the bedroom tank. I'm looking to move in the next few months, and I figure it'll be better to start a larger tank after a move. I'm planning a pair of clowns, and possibly a goby/shrimp pair for the inhabitants. It'll probably be a LPS heavy tank, I love flowing corals.

So hardware wise I have:

- Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Gallon AIO Tank

- Aqua Illumination Prime LED Light

- EcoTech Marine MP10 Powerhead

- Cobalt Aquatics MJ600 Powerhead to replace stock pump

- Innovative Marine Spin Stream

- Innovative Marine Custom Caddy

- MAME III Skimmer

- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater

- Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Lite

- Walt Smith Fiji Rock

- Hawaiian Black Sand

- Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

30783394481_f671c9927d.jpg

30783394391_23b95c9e8b.jpg

30570827170_b8a01a4895.jpg

30570830550_234e162365.jpg

30871970765_568c8170e2.jpg

--------------------------

Full Tank Shot - November 9th, 2016 - Started dosing AquaVitro Seed

30800186301_d9997c3b17.jpg

Obsessed Reefer

So much stuff and yet it's not even wet!

Why all the fancy equipment? Is it really necessary?

It's wet now, lol, just added the water. Honestly, all the equipment is from my 20 gallon. Not sure what I'm actually going to use on the tank. I might not run the reactor, because I have the media basket, which I can toss chemical media in there.

Right now I still have the stock pump on the return. The suction cup plastic holder thing for the MJ600 is too big to fit flat in the chamber, so I'm either going to have to retro it, or get another return pump. I've heard good things about the Sicce pumps, and they seem to have the same suction cup design as the stock pump does. However I'm also thinking of keeping the stock pump because I'll have the MP10 for all my flow needs.

Started dosing AquaVitro Seed.

30800186301_d9997c3b17.jpg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ive had mine running for a while now and use two plugs.... return pump, and the light... other than feeding, all i do is water changes... just seems like all the extra equipment is completely overkill on such a simple tank...

I like the dark/black sand look. I've never tried that.

My stock pump is loud as hell so IM is sending me a new one. I also purchased a Sicce .5 but haven't gotten it in yet. I may end up using the Sicce and keeping the stock pump as a backup.

Obsessed Reefer

What media do you put inside the reactor? Ive never used any reactors, wouldn't know...

You can use anything from carbon to gfo to bio-pellets. Pretty much any type of chemical media can be used.

I like the dark/black sand look. I've never tried that.

My stock pump is loud as hell so IM is sending me a new one. I also purchased a Sicce .5 but haven't gotten it in yet. I may end up using the Sicce and keeping the stock pump as a backup.

So inTank just posted that cobalt is bringing back the mini jet 404 and 606. If so, I'm jumping on a 606 ASAP

Obsessed Reefer

Still not loving the last piece of rock that I added, but I changed the orientation and sorta like it better, lol. I'm hoping to pick up the first few pieces of livestock tomorrow. Got the MAME skimmer up and running, gave it a nice long vinegar bath to clean it up.

I also ordered the Sicce 0.5 pump to replace the stock return pump.

And I picked up my iPhone 7+ on Thursday. Instantly fell in love with the camera, it's a huge upgrade over my 6+. And the Adobe Lightroom app allows you to shoot in RAW and edit right inside the app.

31005046802_b71cb0d137.jpg

31005047122_42640d21f3.jpg

31148884035_d7e7cbcdf3.jpg

Obsessed Reefer

Excited to get my own 7+.... Still none available in South Florida and 2-3 weeks on Apple.com

My 6+ is starting to lag...

Check each day for in store pickup around noon to 2pm. I had mine on order from apple.com, but my store finally got some in stock where I could re order for pickup.

Archived