Top Shelf Aquatics

Bluefish controller alternative

Canadianeh

I like Bluefish controller so far (knock on wood), but just like any other tech there is always room for improvement =)

Is there an alternative controller for Nanobox? I am referring to an actual controller hardware that can connect using Bluetooth or cable. If I don't have an internet connection, I don't have access to Bluefish controller.

If not, are you working on this idea, or is this something that you have in your pipeline? thanks =)

If you have no internet connection, you could control your lights via a Storm controller. That's how Nanobox lights were controlled before the switch to the Bluefish controller.

Storm controller is for sale at nanobox?

I can wire it up this way if needed. Currently I do not have anything in the works for an alternative. I can tell you there will be an update to the app in the next three months. :D

I can wire it up this way if needed. Currently I do not have anything in the works for an alternative. I can tell you there will be an update to the app in the next three months. :D

Are we getting a sneak peak of it? lol

That's a good point. Access only through a cloud hosted system is a serious single point of failure. I love the blue fish but that's always been a concern of mine. Having the ability to access the devices directly through the local area network would be a significant feature improvement.

Archived