Top Shelf Aquatics

Dosing Pumps

Narzyzz_12

I've dosing two part manually for a while now,but I'm looking to buy a dosing system for my soon to be sps dominate BioCube 29.I would like to know what you guys are using and which has been to most reliable and accurate.

Just start with Jebao DP4. It's a complete dosing system for the price of a single dosing pump. If it doesn't work out for you, you will know why and what to look for for your next one. If it works out, then there you go. It's also pretty easy to test it's accuracy if you don't believe it.

i use the DP4 its great, only flaw ive found is one pump has a back flow issue, so whatever you do, put a one way check valve on it.

i use the DP4 its great, only flaw ive found is one pump has a back flow issue, so whatever you do, put a one way check valve on it.

I was think getting on of those Jebaos but kinda iffy about the dosing accuracy,but the price is tempting

BRS pumps - not cheap but they're amazing and built like a tank. Got discount in group buy

Maybe I'll get two of these,but I don't have a controller do you think i'll be as effective I just use a timer?

Guess it depends how accurate the timer is. The BRS pumps flow stops dead when it shuts off. I was running mine 30 seconds 5x a day - then changed to 25 seconds ... Are there timers that have a seconds adjustment? If you dose for 3 minutes or 4 minuets that's just a big difference

Guess it depends how accurate the timer is. The BRS pumps flow stops dead when it shuts off. I was running mine 30 seconds 5x a day - then changed to 25 seconds ... Are there timers that have a seconds adjustment? If you dose for 3 minutes or 4 minuets that's just a big difference

Okay yeah that's true,which timers are you using

Okay yeah that's true,which timers are you using

APEX Jr so I can adjust it any way. I have Calcium dosing 6x 25 seconds and Alk 5x 25 seconds per day.

Yesterday I was at 465 Ca / 8.6 Alk after not testing for 2 weeks and making the change from 30 seconds each so I'm happy with that.

JavaJacketOC

Just get the Jebao from an Amazon backed vendor. It's cost effective and it's pretty simple to use. If you have issues with it Amazon is really good about making sure the vendor handles it for you.

Just get the Jebao from an Amazon backed vendor. It's cost effective and it's pretty simple to use. If you have issues with it Amazon is really good about making sure the vendor handles it for you.

Might get this to see how it works,how much do they dose per minute?

You can get simple digital outlet timers that can do seconds, and some are cheap.

That said, I use an Apex to time my brs dosers. I kind of used the BRS dosers as the excuse to justify investing in the Apex.

hmm maybe I should get an Apex jr as well

You can get simple digital outlet timers that can do seconds, and some are cheap.

That said, I use an Apex to time my brs dosers. I kind of used the BRS dosers as the excuse to justify investing in the Apex.

Yeah leaning towards the Apex controlled doser,can it be used via Mac?

JavaJacketOC

Might get this to see how it works,how much do they dose per minute?

hmm maybe I should get an Apex jr as well

Yeah leaning towards the Apex controlled doser,can it be used via Mac?

It can dose a lot, not sure about the per min but you calibrate it by dosing 100ml and I want to say that took about 30 seconds

I just pulled the trigger on the Jebao. The cost for servo driven glorified plastic tube pinchers is insane. $250+ for 2 heads and a simple LED and micro controller with some very basic programming? No thanks, even if it is made in the US. I'll stick with the $62 DC pump from China. Place the unit below your tank and you'll have no issue with back siphoning. I have a 20g tank so the dosing amounts can be small but I'm only doing eight.four every other day with calcium and magnesium every 3rd day. I will say that one of my pump heads has binding issues. I only needed 3 of the 4 anyways. Yes, I could return for a new one but I have a spare head and could probably make that one work if I needed to so I didn't bother. Hope this helps.

Archived