Pod Your Reef

My Nuvo 10 build

Blaze0303

• 3 months later...

Just a minor update, things have been going great in the tank and I couldn't be happier with it! Tank has been running good and has been maintained with top offs every 2-3 days and 10% WC weekly. Already looking at moving up in size... :lol:

20161106_185128_zpsbx51pmnb.jpg

How do you get away with tops ups every 2-3 days. Mine needs it daily, if not my pump will run almost dry and i get tons of micro bubbles- looks like a snow globe. Lol

Question, if I want to polish my water a bit how long should I use my filter sock for?

So just in my openion, if you are only using a basket for filter floss and Chemipure why not just ditch the basket and run a filter sock with Chemipure packet in the sock? That's what I do on both my systems and it works wonders. I did just buy a basket and will be using in place of one of my two socks on my IM25 but the socks are awesome!

So just in my openion, if you are only using a basket for filter floss and Chemipure why not just ditch the basket and run a filter sock with Chemipure packet in the sock? That's what I do on both my systems and it works wonders. I did just buy a basket and will be using in place of one of my two socks on my IM25 but the socks are awesome!

Yeah, I was reading your build on your IM10 and now I'm debating using the sock with the chemipure in it or just using the basket with filter floss and chemipure as I've been doing.

Whats wrong with your water that you need polishing? Do you mean clarity or nutrient levels?

Just for clarity. But since I've posted that I have not had any issues with clarity, my water has been extremely clean.

How do you get away with tops ups every 2-3 days. Mine needs it daily, if not my pump will run almost dry and i get tons of micro bubbles- looks like a snow globe. Lol

I don't know, probably because of the relative humidity in my location keeps evaporation in my tank low. I monitor with a refractometer and haven't had an issue with doing it every other day.

If your water is clear than there is no issue.

Regardless if you use the chemipure in the sock or the way your are using it, it will work. The carbon is what keeps the water clear looking.

Just a quick state of the tank update. I removed the spinstream and added the Hydor 240 today, now I have a MP10 in my sights for the future. But so far the tanks been doing great, coral growth was a little slow but I think the added flow plus the fact I changed food to Reef Frenzy should help that out. 

20170301_204333.jpg

Archived