Pod Your Reef

Versa versus Artisan overflow

DeeBee

I am currently considering your Artisan II 100g and the Versa 92g aquariums (tank only). Despite reading the descriptions and searching in this forum I am still confused at what differences there are between the two overflows besides placement and shape.

Do they both utilize three holes? What size are the holes and can they be ordered customized to fit standard one inch bulkheads?

Also, do you ever allow customers to forgo the standard column overflow in lieu of ghost style full siphon?

Appreciate your help.

Hi, Deebee

Thanks for your message. Yes there definitely is a difference between the 2 styles of tanks Overflow systems.

The Artisan is designed with a 3-hole high speed Herbie/Durso style hybrid drain (Which allows you to switch between the 2). it has components that let you do either one of them including the control valves. positioned in the middle. typically for a more traditional

The Versa on the other hand uses a more straight forward 2-hole high speed Durso drain. the position of the overflow box allows a larger center for aquascaping.

Upon request, we can drill an extra emergency drain for the Versa as well.

Thanks

Scott

Thank you for response. I'm leaning toward the Versa 92 so it's nice that there is an option add an extra drain upon request

Are the holes/bulkheads in both systems sized for only metric plumbing?

Cencalfishguy56

Hi, Deebee

Thanks for your message. Yes there definitely is a difference between the 2 styles of tanks Overflow systems.

The Artisan is designed with a 3-hole high speed Herbie/Durso style hybrid drain (Which allows you to switch between the 2). it has components that let you do either one of them including the control valves. positioned in the middle. typically for a more traditional

The Versa on the other hand uses a more straight forward 2-hole high speed Durso drain. the position of the overflow box allows a larger center for aquascaping.

Thanks

Scott

just tagging so you see his post

Hi, Deebee

Thanks

Scott

I paid for drilling an extra emergency drain but it never happen.

Hi, Deebee

Thanks so much for your The 92G Versa use the Versa plumbing kit which is all SCH60 heavy duty. they are slightly thicker but we also have conversion kits available to change them into SCH40 or aquarium sized fittings if you want to make any customization to the plumbing.

Thanks

Scott

I paid for drilling an extra emergency drain but it never happen.

Which tank did you order? Did they correct the situation?

for any customization, please make sure to confirm on the invoice and we will make sure to have it done before they go out.

Thanks

Scott

Archived