ReefCleaners.org

Starting a first time Pico

calabdiver

I picked up what looks to be a 3 gal picotope all glass tank from craigslist. The light works but the mount is broken. Any suggestions on a good light to put on it?

I picked up what looks to be a 3 gal picotope all glass tank from craigslist. The light works but the mount is broken. Any suggestions on a good light to put on it?

Depends on your budget. I use a Nanobox Tide on mine.

Nanoboxes are awesome lights. I wish I had one!

I have a PAR30 LED bulb, PAR38 would also work. coralcompulsion.com, rapidled, and other sites have them

After checking out both suggestions I think the best setup for me would be the par 30 with a gooseneck thanks again for the help

What about the innovative marine 18w skkye light? too powerful?

lol nevermind I just seen they make a 8w fixture as well.

Ok that seems to be my best option at the moment thanks. Merthynia I took a stroll through your pico thread nice work :)

Ok that seems to be my best option at the moment thanks. Merthynia I took a stroll through your pico thread nice work :)

Thanks! It has a long way to regrow some of the coral, but it seems to be back on track. :) I'm excited to see what all you do with this little tank

lol well my plans are were originally to pack it with softies and a couple sea horses. I am also in the proccess of setting up a 14 gal. biocube I'm thinking frogfish. and then there is the rebuild of my 24 gal. aquapod lol I've got a lot of work to do :).

Oh and what color par 30? I was looking through the options of the coral compulsion bulbs and I seen 14k, 18k, 22k

That really depends on how you like the reef to look. I personally like the 18k, I think if you google reef tanks 14k, 18k, 22k they should give you an idea of how blue/white they appear.

Sounds you've got a lot of work to do with all those tanks! :lol:

Lol I sure do I had my 24 gal. setup for 5 years with no issues and in 1 week I lost everything. I kinda lost passion for it after that but I'm jumping back in. I currently have just a couple clowns a false perc, and a snowflake perc.

Archived