Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Edge Lighting

StinkyBunny

StinkyBunny

OK Dave, there are a few people over in my thread wondering about lighting a Fluval aquarium. I'd like to keep the stock hood on it, I really like the look. This is what I'm working with, the stock light bar is 1.75"x 6.5". Would there be cooling issues? I have some small 2" cooling fans I pulled from industrial computers I scrapped out that I could use to move air. The bar is approximately 3.0" off the water. If a retro won't work, I'd be game for a Mini Tide, I could come up with some sort of mount in there. I can shoot pics if that would help.

OK Dave, there are a few people over in my thread wondering about lighting a Fluval aquarium. I'd like to keep the stock hood on it, I really like the look. This is what I'm working with, the stock light bar is 1.75"x 6.5". Would there be cooling issues? I have some small 2" cooling fans I pulled from industrial computers I scrapped out that I could use to move air. The bar is approximately 3.0" off the water. If a retro won't work, I'd be game for a Mini Tide, I could come up with some sort of mount in there. I can shoot pics if that would help.

Small Retro will fit perfectly in there! Adding an extra fan would be a good decision will the tight space.

make sure you protect that board from creep. that opening is the only way out in that tank. and will collect a lot of creep in there.

good luck with this, love to see pics when done.

Would love to see what can be done with these tanks. I really like how they look but wondered how to effectively light one.

I have had a few people contact me and I think the small retro would be best. Like the user above posted, the salt creep would need to be watch as the top has "vents" that water will/can get into.

-Dave

Yea I removed the hood and layed a current orbit across the opening on a piece of plexi so it could sit half on and half off the opening centered front to back on ther tank. Ai prime above the tank is prob even cleaner.

Archived