Cultivated Reef

PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS THESE DAYS

aviator300

Its easier to not get nailed with duties when physically crossing but shipping is a whole other game.

BRS charges an additional 18% for brokerage fees for shipments to Cda. Then the shipping, then the 7% duty, and provincial tax.

I have calculated to order from US on average 21% additional cost- on top of brokerage fees.

I just order from reefsupplies.ca - they have everything and the shipping isn't expensive. Petsandponds is pretty good too.

Livestock on the other hand- i'm like you. I won't pay $40 for 2 frags, especially since its a 45 mins drive to pick them up.

squamptonbc

That is the advantage of living 5 minutes from the border, easy to go across to parcel receiving places and not have anything shipped to Canada, although some places like Marine Depot won't let you ship to a US address and have a Canadian billing address, at least they would not let me, so they are on my no buy list, the shipping is insane to Canada on most US websites, so just not worth ordering from.

I have never bought from BRS so don't know if they will allow a US shipping address with a Canadian billing address, and it's just too much in shipping and fees to have them send anything to Canada.

If I couldn't ship to a US address and pick up, I would never have anything shipped into Canada, not worth the hassle, and extra costs.

Its easier to not get nailed with duties when physically crossing but shipping is a whole other game.

BRS charges an additional 18% for brokerage fees for shipments to Cda. Then the shipping, then the 7% duty, and provincial tax.

I have calculated to order from US on average 21% additional cost- on top of brokerage fees.

I just order from reefsupplies.ca - they have everything and the shipping isn't expensive. Petsandponds is pretty good too.

Livestock on the other hand- i'm like you. I won't pay $40 for 2 frags, especially since its a 45 mins drive to pick them up.

damn I thought taxes were high in Soviet Republic of California. You guys living in Americas hat seem to have it much worse. I wonder if all the people threatening to move to Canada if Trump is elected are aware of your crazy taxes.
squamptonbc

For buying goods already in Canada federal goods and services tax is 5% and in BC provincial is 7% for a total of 12%.

Depending on income you may get a GST credit/rebate every 3 months, for myself and my wife no kids, we get $124 dollars back every 3 months.

I lived in California 25 years and if you include what you have to pay for healthcare there vs here, you may very well likely end up a head here even with higher taxes, but income tax isn't much if any higher then California + Federal is, for me, I pay slightly less in income tax here vs California and 0 monthly for medical although depending on income and family size may cost up to around 180 ish, but employers sometimes cover part or all of the monthly premium as a benefit package.

damn I thought taxes were high in Soviet Republic of California. You guys living in Americas hat seem to have it much worse. I wonder if all the people threatening to move to Canada if Trump is elected are aware of your crazy taxes.

Archived