ReefCleaners.org

Top Off Guidance?

SideCar_Falcon619

I recently made a gravity ato. Easy!

Water bottle

Hose

Plastic cube to hold the bottle.

Works great for a few days then needs filling.

Thanks good!

I want a nanobox retrofit LED kit but it's like $365, so maybe in a year or so if I'm still super committed to this hobby and I've done some more research, I'll take the plunge. For now, I'll just keep what I can under stock lighting.

I just ordered my retrofit from nanoboxreef.com for my Biocube 14 and it was only $270 shipped. It will keep temps down and if I am not mistaken would also help with less evaporation.

I just ordered my retrofit from nanoboxreef.com for my Biocube 14 and it was only $270 shipped. It will keep temps down and if I am not mistaken would also help with less evaporation.

Sweet! Let me know how you like it!! I don't have temperature issues and I don't have too terribly much evaporation either. But, when I upgrade my lights, that's still my go-to plan for now.

Sweet! Let me know how you like it!! I don't have temperature issues and I don't have too terribly much evaporation either. But, when I upgrade my lights, that's still my go-to plan for now.

If you go topless evaporation may become an issue.

I do it by hand. I use a pitcher and do it about once a week.

Hammer - you should top off daily honestly. Topping off only once a week most likely causes salinity swings and might stress your corals/inverts/fish.

I top off my back chambers about every other day...depending on my evaporation. Sometimes I top off the next day.

I am "Top Less" (Wish more "Women" Would do this ;) ) lol

So, yeah...I Top off frequently. About 3-4 gal in 2 weeks? Guessing.

If you go topless evaporation may become an issue.

I am aware of that.

I never plan to go topless. I plan to get a retrofit.

squamptonbc

After this heat wave and near constant use of air conditioning, I am growing tempted to buy an auto top off, but I've got so much crammed into the back of the M40, not sure I can fit anything else back there.......lol....

Hammerstone

Hammer - you should top off daily honestly. Topping off only once a week most likely causes salinity swings and might stress your corals/inverts/fish.

Hi Stella,

I just found this. I will take your advice. It makes sense!!! Thank you ???

I have noticed that when I top off everything blooms open and the fish start investigating so they are happier. I'll take all the advice I can get!!

Archived