SaltCritters.com

This is why you take corals off frag plugs

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Ugliest encrustment EVER :o

It's not even glued down... I put it there and forgot.

Don't be like Harry Potter. Always take encrusting corals off the frag plug.

F6AFBC48-591A-492A-A2C6-1FDD893689AF_zps

HarryPotter

just pull it off now and re-sell the coral on the plug! :D

Ha that's an idea! Keep the encrustment I've grown and makes the original coral seem free ?

HarryPotter

depending on the rock all around it I bet once it is grown in a bit more, no one would even notice the disk.

The thing is it won't grow UP so that odd shape will always be there- and the cave below it won't seal since its shadowed by the coral :(

The thing is it won't grow UP so that odd shape will always be there- and the cave below it won't seal since its shadowed by the coral :(

hmm.. I have seen my montis grow "up" in very very low lighting. It takes a while and at the vertical spots it tends to look like crap or even clear, but as long as it isnt a giant cliff it needs to climb it should eventually get to the peak and color up and start growing normal again. Got a picture less zoomed in? Id love to see the whole area.

HarryPotter

hmm.. I have seen my montis grow "up" in very very low lighting. It takes a while and at the vertical spots it tends to look like crap or even clear, but as long as it isnt a giant cliff it needs to climb it should eventually get to the peak and color up and start growing normal again. Got a picture less zoomed in? Id love to see the whole area.

Sure man I'll snap a photo for you:

The monti more zoomed out

F6AD0871-005A-4AC6-ABA5-6531036E2967_zps

General area. Just realized a frag fell over -_-

C5791CB9-5CC6-4BC1-82AF-08641A8BC84E_zps

It may take a while but it looks like it'll grow no problem. You can always glue a small rock under and to the side of it to spread that growth out a bit.

HarryPotter

It may take a while but it looks like it'll grow no problem. You can always glue a small rock under and to the side of it to spread that growth out a bit.

My new blenny has taken that hole to be his cave- perfect! :)

HarryPotter

Nice! Grab a picture of that.

I'll try- still super shy. Swims when I'm not in the room, dives under the rainbow cap (into the cave) whenever I come in.

Archived