Cultivated Reef

My Fluval Spec EVO

Gilly's Reef

Gilly's Reef

So does anyone know where the 12 can be purchased? or the dimensions? Can't seem to find much..

not out yet. its been delayed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanolutionary

Hey Nanoman, I'm really confused. I just saw the EVO at Fluvals booth at ReefaPalooza and they have a full canopy top with a touch sensitive light. What you have seems to be a re-designed Fluval Spec V?

Here's a link to what the EVO looks like, the models we saw at RAP had a black top.

https://reefbuilders.com/2014/08/30/fluval-sea-evo12-nano-tank/

Here's another picture. Maybe the 5G comes in the configuration you havem but laregr sizes have the full canopy I mentioned.

CdxY7EwW0AAvyJh.jpg

Fluval have upped their game recently

Update: Purchased some little friends from the LFS. Finally something to look at hahaha Finished my media basket and it is currently running in the tank now. Parameters are perfect and the water is crystal clear. Im considering a small goby for my only fish. Still researching. 2804j13.jpg15pjryp.jpg

Nice man getting some critters in there. Basket looks good too.

Gilly's Reef

Update: So i did a little upgrade today :haha: Let me know what you think. Im so excited for this setup to mature.9pooro.jpg

Gilly's Reef

yeah its an older Nano Box. I will upgrade the array and add bluefish eventually but this thing is just plain badass. I love it :wub:

Gilly's Reef

Update: I had a very very small diatom bloom, exactly what i expected because the live rock i used was pretty much cured ahead of time. Anyway my CUC made very quick work of that. One Margarita snail polished a whole rock by himself lol Impressive. Parameters are excellent and my nano box mini is working great. I can't say enough good things about Dave's craftsmanship. Today i found a local buddy that is giving some Xenia away for free so i might pick up a small piece. Definitely will keep it on its own in the tank because we all know how invasive it is :lol: Thanks for following along everyone 2d18o0k.jpg

Gilly's Reef

what sorta critters you got in your CUC?? Not worried about the Margarita snails getting too big??

Thanks for stopping by! I have 2 Margaritas 1 Nassarius and 1 Cerith. Not too worried because i picked small ones. By the time they get too big i should have my 40g up and running fingerscrossed

Gilly's Reef

Update: I popped off the return nozzle and discovered it was very constricted. Took my dremel and went to work, really clearing a lot of it out. Put it back on and what a difference! So much more flow and I'm actually going to keep the stock pump now to see how it does. Easy modification if you dont have the funds for a bigger pump. I can physically see the flow reaches well to the end of the tank. Very happy.

Gilly's Reef

Are you worried about the margarita snails not dealing well with the tropical temperature in the aquarium?

Im not worried. I have a nice little grave site in the backyard ready for them :tears:

Update: I popped off the return nozzle and discovered it was very constricted. Took my dremel and went to work, really clearing a lot of it out. Put it back on and what a difference! So much more flow and I'm actually going to keep the stock pump now to see how it does. Easy modification if you dont have the funds for a bigger pump. I can physically see the flow reaches well to the end of the tank. Very happy.

I took out the return nozzle completely...hahah

Gilly's Reef

Update: Put the stock light back on because I'm selling the Nano Box. Nothing wrong with it, its by far the best led I've ever had but i need to sell it and shift my finances towards setting my 40 breeder up. Everything else is going great. I picked up some free Xenia. Purchased two frags of Zoas and some Dragon's Breath. I did add a new friend. I found the smallest Clown i could in town. He will be going into the 40 of course. Other than that here are some pictures. 2iuqj5e.jpga4jzr.jpg13ypbur.jpg5aqm9x.jpg4ku1s8.jpg

Looks great! You are all over the place lol... new tank! selling tank! nano-box! no, back to old light. You are like all good reefers! :D

That new 12g with the hood looks pretty slick. I am excited to see how all of these handle corals.

Gilly's Reef

Looks great! You are all over the place lol... new tank! selling tank! nano-box! no, back to old light. You are like all good reefers! :D

That new 12g with the hood looks pretty slick. I am excited to see how all of these handle corals.

hahah i know, I'm giving myself a headache lol Im for sure keeping the stock light on so you can see how the corals will do. My LFS just got their first stock of the new 12g. I looks nice for $199

FlamingPrawn

hahah i know, I'm giving myself a headache lol Im for sure keeping the stock light on so you can see how the corals will do. My LFS just got their first stock of the new 12g. I looks nice for $199

WAIT. THE 12 GALLON IS AVAILABLE?! I just set up this 5 because i didnt think the 12 was coming out?!

• 2 weeks later...
Gilly's Reef

Update: Not much going on. Got a little algae going on. New tank mate yesterday, Peppermint Shrimp. Of course the Xenia is growing good. Zoas are fully open everyday. Haven't seen any new heads yet. 15ryy4g.jpg

This thread is awesome. I think someone from Fluval is smart and saw how many people were using their nano tanks for marine applications. Congrats on the score of the early EVO release. I have a heavily modified spec V, first gen, and I am literally obsessed with it.

This thread is awesome. I think someone from Fluval is smart and saw how many people were using their nano tanks for marine applications. Congrats on the score of the early EVO release. I have a heavily modified spec V, first gen, and I am literally obsessed with it.

wheres ur build thread???

Gilly's Reef

I like that Fluval pays attention to what the community is doing and wants. Unfortunately the light is just not cutting it. Not enough watts. If they included a quality light, then they would definitely have one of the best AIO nano setups out there.

I like that Fluval pays attention to what the community is doing and wants. Unfortunately the light is just not cutting it. Not enough watts. If they included a quality light, then they would definitely have one of the best AIO nano setups out there.

They target different market than most people on NR. They target people that want a reef for cheap and easy so they are not going to include a quality light. Same reason why the stock detritus factory filtration is crappy too with the sponge. They provide a reef "capable" kit where corals and fish can survive but not necessarily thrive.

Archived