Cultivated Reef

Need another fish.. Suggestions?

Mussin

Well my last copperband butterfly died this morning. This makes like 6 or 7 for me. I just can't help my self. The longest I've had one live is like 6-7 months. They always eat good then just up and die. Anyway I would like another fish to add to my 120 (4'). My stock list is as follows..

pair if clowns

yellow tang

kole tang

pj cardinal

green clown goby

im looking for something with color and a swimmer. I have an open top so no jumpers. Any suggestions

Jeremy

I have an open top 45 and some of my favorite fish I've had over the years are foxface, leopard wrasse, midas blenny, potters angel. These are all very colorful fish and fish that are active swimmers. The leopard wrasse is known to be a fish thats an expert level fish, but I'm no expert and have had the same one forever now. Maybe its just cause my tank is so well and long established. Maybe go for a school of anthias?

• 3 weeks later...
Littlesardines

Why not try an angel? if you don't have coral of course.

otherwise maybe a goby or a cardinal (the orange striped ones are cool), also midas blennys are neat.

I've heard wrasses are notorious for jumping (ive had several do that to me)

Group of grammas, anthias, assessors, or threads in cardinals. Long nose or roap butterfly (Like a tinkers) could do more peaceful wrasse. Genicanthhs angelfish.

A Foxface would be a really cool fish to watch and they are really good fish for algae control. Another cool fact about these guys is that if they see any fish being messed with they will stand up to the bully. Also, a school of 5-9 green chromis would be awesome and they aren't as expensive.

A Foxface would be a really cool fish to watch and they are really good fish for algae control. Another cool fact about these guys is that if they see any fish being messed with they will stand up to the bully. Also, a school of 5-9 green chromis would be awesome and they aren't as expensive.

don't schools usually just kill off the smallest one until theres one left

don't schools usually just kill off the smallest one until theres one left

That's why it's better off to get an odd number. If you get an odd number you shouldn't have a problem. I got 7 and I never had a problem

Archived