Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

HVani's Wisconsin Revival

HVani

Been out of the game for a while now. I have been tank free for 7 months due to a divorce. I had to tear down all my tanks and my gorgeous 34 Cadlights was broken by my ex in the move. It's been depressing.

I have been dying to have a reef again. Back in 2012 I had a lovely Ecoxotic 25 gallon cube. Probably the high point of my reef career. I upgraded and sold the tank. I have been kicking myself for years for selling it. It was such a perfect size and I love it's set up.

Well the people I sold it to told me recently they had torn it down in and it was in storage. I told them to consider selling it back to me. After some thought they did and it is back in my possession :)

I ordered some dry rock and sand that should be arriving in the mail soon. I can't wait to be back in the game.

728.png

My Old 25 Gallon

My 34 CADlights

Now here we go!

Tank Specs:

25 gallon Eccoxotic AIO cube

Stock Skimmer

Stock ATO

Running Chemi Pure

Cobalt Heater (forgot the wattage)

Nanobox Duo with Goose Neck Mount

20 lbs mixed Fiji Pink sand & Reef Grade sand

15 ilbs of Dry Reefcleaners Rock

Welcome back!!!! Sorry about the difficulties. Sounds like things are turning around for you with the opportunity to get your favorite cube back and set up again. It's nice to see you posting again :).

Aww Gena!!

It's been some dark times but I"m back on my feet. I bought a house all on my own and now I get to set it up just the way I want. Which includes a reef :)

Aww Gena!!

It's been some dark times but I"m back on my feet. I bought a house all on my own and now I get to set it up just the way I want. Which includes a reef :)

That's awesome and I'm proud of you and happy for you. Life can really suck sometimes but we can and do overcome the "crap" in life :). Looking forward to following along with the revival!!!!

Sand and new refractometer arrived yesterday. Just waiting on rocks.

In talks with Dave for a new Nanobox duo for this tank :o

Tank is wet! Last night it was too cloudy for pictures. Will get some today. Things look good so far. Salinity is a bit high but that is easily fixed before any life gets in there. I am going to pick up some pieces of live rock on the way home from work. Then it will be a box of rocks for a little while. I haven't had to straight up start a tank from scratch in a while!

New duo is ordered from Nanobox, just waiting on an update. Hopefully it will be shipped soon :)

Change of plans. LFS wants $10.99 per lb for any live rock that has some color and it not insanely dense. It is actually cheaper to order some Nano Live rock from KP Aquatics and have it shipped to my door. Hopefully by then my light will be in too so I keep all that nice stuff :)

You'll be better off going that route, getting a few really nice pieces by special request. Tell Ken and/or Kara what you're looking for and they'll make sure you get as close to it as possible.

(plus it's about the only legal way to get specimens of Caribbean large-polyp stony corals)

Then just build the rest of your scape with inexpensive base rock - you can find almost any weight/density & porous-ness you're looking for online and it ships for a lot less. IMO gone are the days a local store could charge $10-15 for wet rock simply because it was "live"... if they won;t offer you what you want, there's plenty elsewhere who will.

Besides, you're going to spend a LOT of time looking at this - better do it right as it'll never be easier to fix than it is now. ;)

Welcome back!

Welcome back! Its nice to see you posting again! That's wonderful that you were able to get your original tank back. The scape looks great. Can't wait to see the progress!

27926623711_f6be9eebeb_z.jpg

:) Light didn't arrive Saturday and no update on the tracking since then when it got to my home town. Hopefully it is waiting for me when I get home from work.

Live rock shipped today, due here on Thursday :) Can't wait to add life to this box of rocks

A bit of a hitch with this tank. The light had the wrong shipping address and almost went to the dreaded ex-husband's house. But it was caught in time and is on the tank now. It's amazing!

Also the rock got delayed till next week. They didn't have the size I requested :(

Rock came in today. It's gorgeous! Very nice purple and covered in all sorts of sponges and things. Hopefully my hithikers are not too bad. Already pulled out an eunicid worm :scarry:

I also found what may be the smallest urchin I have ever seen! We will see what pops out in the next few days.

Thanks!

Nope it's GSP. Picked up a bit. Sort of a canary in a coal mine. It's doing great! All parameters are where they should be. Algae is taking off. I ordered a quick crew from Reefcleaners. Bring on the snail army!!

Archived