ReefCleaners.org

Fuzzy dwarf lion won't eat.

plainrt

It's been over a week now since I have seen my dwarf lionfish eat. I have had him for over 6 months and always ate everything since day one. I always fed him high quality frozen mix of seafood. Never any live foods. He is always just laying around bottom of tank and afraid it's too late. Gonna run get some ghost shrimp but not sure if anything else I can do ? :(

mystersyster

Same thing happened with my blenny recently =[ He didn't come around, and it was his time to go. When fish get sick, they get sick pretty quick, and die pretty quickly as well. Sorry man

Yeah my guess is I over fed him :( He showed no interest in the 20 ghost shrimp walking right in front of him.

Don't worry too much... give it another week or two as they can go really long stretches between meals. The only thing I would suggest is to keep an eye out for white stringy poop as it can be signs of an internal parasites. ( I had a lion that I had to QT with this issue).

It's been over a week now since I have seen my dwarf lionfish eat. I have had him for over 6 months and always ate everything since day one. I always fed him high quality frozen mix of seafood. Never any live foods. He is always just laying around bottom of tank and afraid it's too late. Gonna run get some ghost shrimp but not sure if anything else I can do ? :(

Thanks hype. He seems weak and not moving much. I'm keeping close eye on him and will keep that in mind.

Thanks hype. He seems weak and not moving much. I'm keeping close eye on him and will keep that in mind.

I've also seen that behavior after consuming too large of a meal. Hopefully he's fine and just needs a few more days to digest. Lions are one of the toughest fish I've ever owned next to eels and piranha. Keep us posted.

Seems like getting worse. I believe he is blind. I can move my hand slowly right up in front of him and won't move till I touch him. He runs into things also :(

sometimes if you feed a fish some bad food that may have been packaged that way or if you had that food accidentally out for too long and your fish eats it, they wont eat for a while. Same thing happened to one of my fish but after two weeks he started to eat normally. juat be patient and give it some time. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
cougareyes

How's he doing, I have a dwarf lion tank. This tends to be a classic fuzzy move, sometimes live food snaps them out it. The problem I've seen is that even if you get them weaned, at some point they just give up. My theory is you can only suppress the natural predatory instincts of this fish for so long.

Archived