SaltCritters.com

DSLR + Macro Lens

SpankythePyro

SpankythePyro

I am about to head off to work (just gave my 4wks notice). I am in need of a DSLR with a macro lens (I've heard Tamron lenses are quite nice for this).

I am looking for someone with experience and expertise in this field as I have only delved into it and know some lenses will not work properly on certain camera bodies.

Can anyone help me with some good DSLR macro lenses and camera bodies that I can still use for regular scenic pictures while I make my way across country for a new job?

Buy Used. Join a forum like "photography on the net".

A used 7D mark 1 and a Tamron 90mm macro would be a killer beginner setup with lots of room for growth.

An old t2i with a nifty fifty and a set of macro tubes would still get the job done and be much cheaper.

Budget will really determine the route you want to go. The cannon 100mm macro is pretty much the industry standard starter macro. It is a heavily under rated lens and punches way above it's weight. It is an astounding lens for the $$. It is also a knock out portrait lens. The focal length and glass quality are fantastic for portrait work. Put it on any canon dslr and you have a very potent combo in the right hands.

Archived