Pod Your Reef

Mr.Pickles 1 Month old 5 Gal Pico.

Mr.Pickles

After 8 years i'm back!

Now i finally decided that i should start reefing again!

I got extremely lucky when my best bud gave me a fantastic piece of live rock with tons of coral starts,

The tank has been running for a month, here's what it looks like so far.

Let me know what you think!

Bkc0B73.jpg

FTS: April 1 2016

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The goal is to do a softie , focusing on just easy photosynthisizers, mushrooms, zoa, macro algae, and perhaps some LSP if a decide to start feeding.

Lighting: AI Prime LED

Tank: Fluval V (NUVO 10G on its way)

Circulation: Sump pump and Ehiem surface skimmer modded to just pump.

Salt: Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

March

Star Polyps

Zoas

Purple Gorgorian

Finger Leather

Xenia

Mangrove twig

Caulurpa, Chaeto, Red dictyota Algae

blue, yellow, and white sponges are everywhere.

1 & 2 of my 4 mushrooms

April

Tank shot

Bullseye Mushroom

Zoanthids 1 2 looking for names

Creeping Monti

Red Kelp

The monti was given to me by my friend who has a twin frag, we're comparing its growth and i plan on giving it back if it starts to do any worse.

Everything is growing noticeably and the Macroalgae is doing a great job of exporting nitrates. Looking to add more variety ASAP!

Right now my only real concern is a Gorilla Crab molt i found the other day. Havent seen it other than its molt, planning on trying to trap it soon.

So I am kinda confused by your post haha is the tank pictured still up and running? Fluvial Spec V is 5 gallons.. and yea just looking for clarification because that setup pictured looks great

So I am kinda confused by your post haha is the tank pictured still up and running? Fluvial Spec V is 5 gallons.. and yea just looking for clarification because that setup pictured looks great

Ah sorry, i'm working on better formatting :happy:

Yea the Fluval V is the tank pictured and is going strong. Thank you, ill be keeping the thread updated as things progress!

Archived