ReefCleaners.org

Peeps with Jebao RW experience

Lowkeycoral

Lowkeycoral

Can someone shed some light on which power head I should purchase... All over the net I see contradictory information.

66G mixed reef in progress.

RW-8 or RW-4? I will be purchasing two, Whichever I choose. And a side note. What would you suggest for a 150G mixed reef? (Future tank). Thank you everyone!

Can someone shed some light on which power head I should purchase... All over the net I see contradictory information.

66G mixed reef in progress.

RW-8 or RW-4? I will be purchasing two, Whichever I choose. And a side note. What would you suggest for a 150G mixed reef? (Future tank). Thank you everyone!

I put a pair of RW-8s in my tank, pretty sure I have them on the lowest setting though. My general rule is to go bigger when you have the ability to control the amount of flow.

I had an RW-4 for my 29g. It was reasonable for that size. I was running it at W1 - 100% and seemed to be pushing things around fine. I have a mixed reef although it's 60/40 SPS to LPS. I did have a dead spot but I think that could have been more due to the placement of mine. I had it for about 3 weeks before I noticed it wasn't pushing as hard as it was during that first week. It could be a defective piece though.

I should probably have asked what you like to keep in your tank and where you think you're headed. I know the description says "mixed reef" but that can mean a lot of things...

ReeferReefer

I have a 90g mixed reef and use the RW 8 on full power, although the flow is limited by the sponges wrapped around it to keep my nem safe. I would say its slightly under powered for a 4 foot tank but should do well in a 3 footer.

Lowkeycoral

Mixed reef but mostly softies and leathers. Anenomies and such. So I'm getting the feeling 2 RW-8 would be the way to go?

Archived