Coral Vue Hydros

40 breeder stocking

c_man7

I want to see if 7 fish in a 40 breeder, It's actually a custom tank and its 2 inches taller then a 40b, closer to 45-50g. Anyway I have all relatively small fish, that fit into the nano fish list.

2 ocellaris clowns 2"-1 1/2"

tail spot blenny 2 1/2"

watchman goby 2 1/2"

fire fish 3"

royal gramma 2"

On liveaquaria states they all get around 3inchs grown. I am wanting to get a McCosker's Wrasse to round out the stocking. Everyone in the tank has there own spots and there is still plenty of caves and room. The bio load from these fish are relatively small if I'm not mistaken.

I feed a small pinch of NLS pellets or Ocean Nutrition reef flakes, only enough for everyone to eat one or two each, in the morning. Then in the afternoon I cut 1/4-1/3 piece of frozen brine or mysis shrimp cube and across the top which feeds fish and corals. I never see any food just laying on the bottom or stuck to rock.

I have about 50-60lb of rock in the tank my skimmer is a SCA-301.

I tried to get fish that would be spread out around the tank. The goby keeps to he sand bed, My royal gramma and fire fish keep to the cave structures, and the clowns just swim around, the blenny perches on different rocks. This pretty much eliminates any aggression. The gramma does get a little territorial but nothing to worry about, just doesn't like anyone going under his over hang.

Looking for one final fish to finish my stocking. Any advice.

Current

2 occelaris clowns

Yellow Watchman Goby

Tailspot Blenny

Royal Gramma

Firefish

Will be getting a McCoskers as soon as they come in.

Looking for one last fish to fit in, was thinking a cardinal or a mandarian once the tank gets more established. Even thought about may doing a molly, but I want something small to keep bioload down. I like nano fish. My tank is a custom 40 breeder, holds about 46 gallons, and 20 long sump. Let me know what you think.

Archived