Coral Vue Hydros

Clownfish tank mate in a 10G

DiddlyD

I've been doing a lot of reading on this site but this is my first post. I am new to the hobby and started my first SW tank a few months ago.

I have a 10g tank with live rock and a few soft corals. I've had a small ocellaris clown for about a month now. I added a yellow tail damsel a few days ago, I did a lot of reading and it seems to be a hit or miss if they will get along.

The damsel is hiding in the caves and won't let the clown behind any of the rocks. They aren't fighting but the damsel definitely gets defensive if the clown gets too close.

Is this because the damsel is new to the tank or will it get worse over time? I am debating on returning the damsel and getting something else.
Any suggestions on another fish that may get along better with my clown?
From experience, would a third fish be okay in my tank or is it too small?

I've attached a picture of my tank so far - you can see the clown on the right, its very small. (would love some feedback on the tank as well! Sorry, the picture quality isn't as good as I'd like it to be)

post-91029-0-25387500-1459827204_thumb.jpg

i honestly hate damsels, they are just plain mean.. they killed a snowflake clown of mine (in a 100 gal tank) and thats when they became my eels dinner i would say return the damsel and if you want get another clownfish just be careful because that clown is established

Archived