Coral Vue Hydros

Red sea reefer nano

James53

Hi all. I've been running a converted freshwater 60 litre tank for around 10 months and thinking about upgrading. Canister filter, etc not ideal and before I spend more on hang on skimmer I thought might be best to start again.

Reefer nano looks nice. Anyone have one? Any issues I should know? What else would I need. I guess skimmer. Anyone recommend anything for that size tank? Do I need a reactor? I'm not actually sure what one is but think it's something to put phosguard, etc in?! I've got a nanobox tide light which I'm really pleased with so keeping that. Do I still need a wave maker?

Thanks

James

Several people on the site have Reefer 170s. I have one on order. Not sure if anyone has a Nano?

Try doing a search for Reefer Nano.

Probably will need a skimmer and powerhead (wavemaker).

One of my LFS has a Nano set up and it looks nice. Not sure what powerhead they are using.

Check if a LFS near you has one.

David

Hook'Em2006

I have a RedSea Reefer Nano. I love it. I got mine for free, but if I was purchasing one, Id prolly go with a 170 for the added tank size. The Nano is a little small, but again, it was free to me, so its perfect!

You'll need a return pump. I used the Sicce 3.0. You'll also need a protein skimmer. I used the Eshopps PSK75. I wish I would have bought the Reef Octopus NWB110 instead as its a much better skimmer in my opinion. I also Have a MP10WQD. Its way overkill for the tank. but looks fantastic on there. You'll need a heater. I have the Ehiem 100w and its perfect for the tank. Its controlled by an Apex Jr.

Stockwise I have two clowns. What are the thoughts on fish to accompany? I guess maybe two more small type fish? Any suggestions? am I likely to experience issues adding them with the clowns? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
superbluetang

If you do water changes weekly, then you probably dont need a reactor unless you have a heavy fish load. With your sized tank, I'd recommend only keeping a few small little fish to keep the bioload low.

I have one as well in nitrogen cycling phase right now. got mp10 powerhead, 75watt ehiem heater, aquamaxx skimmer, ai prime led lights, apex jr to control stuff.

post-90974-0-96954800-1460773846_thumb.jpeg

Archived