inTank Media Baskets

wanting to do a manjo tank

bandit1994

Im wanting to do a manjo tank as I like them is a 2.5 a good size for this tank and do I need a filter for this type of tank I am thinking about making a hob algae filter so I don't have to use to much power as I have three tanks all ready and I really want to keep a manjo

You know what they say, once you go majano, you never go back. ;)

Mainly because you can't get them out of your tank.

You know what they say, once you go majano, you never go back. ;)

Mainly because you can't get them out of your tank.

Ha ha, that made me laugh. But seriously, all creatures are beautiful in their own way and it think what bandit is proposing could probably work. There is really no reason why you couldn't have some decorative macro algae for nutrient export as well. I think a light that would support the majanos would also grow macro algae.

Ha ha, that made me laugh. But seriously, all creatures are beautiful in their own way

My bristleworms are glittery and fabulous!

Depends on the temperature fluctuation and where it's at. But I'm always more comfortable keeping a heater. The tiny betta ones always give out on me, but maybe someone can chime in with a better recommendation.

I've done well with the Deep Blue Betta Stik. But they are constant on, like most of the smaller heaters, and can easily overheat stuff under 3 gallons since they aren't adjustable. Neotherm has the only adjustable heater under 25W that I know of, but they are fairly expensive. Although reliable from my understanding.

You can get temperature controllers for around $15 from Amazon (STC1000) which have a separate heating and cooling circuit. I've been running one with a Betta Stik for over a year and a half with my sumped 1/2 vase with no issues. The smaller heaters are typically set for tropical freshwater fish, which is a few degrees higher than a reef tank, so the heater is always on when the controller cycles but shouldn't run so hot that everything in the tank is cooked if the controller were to fail on. The inhabitant won't be happy, but they won't die.

I've got a really beautiful majano, which was sold to me under false pretenses. I know better than to buy something unresearched, but the store owner seemed really sincere. I got had. $15 for a pest anenomie. Thankfully I've been able to guide it to unobtrusive areas when it has wandered and it hasn't spread, yet.

A tank like this could be really awesome. The great thing is that they are fairly indestructible and are suited well for a really small low maintenance tank. There are some really amazing and beautifully colored majanos.

• 2 weeks later...

and they dont really need a heater they can and do in the wild grow in water as cold as 62 and they stay small and beer if you ever want it out of there hit me up i will even pay you for it

• 2 weeks later...

it going down I found some and here is my plan I have a one gallon bow front tank live sand about a pound of live rock and a air stone and is a 4 watt bulb ok or should I run led on it

Archived