Innovative Marine Aquariums

SPS Growth very slow

dropped

Davidwissman85

You just dump it in the water. Spot spray does nothing. Acros feed through the water column.

Yea. Okay I figured.. That's what I do, Just checking all the boxes there could be on getting more growth and color... Hehe..

• 2 weeks later...
IronChefItaly

Alk and pH are a tad low. Phosphate will definitely inhibit growth of any calcareous corals and to confirm your test kit measuring as zero you should have next to no algae growth. For example, if you place a brand new frag plug into the system a month later it should still appear to be as white as it was new. Once you eliminate those as factors you might need to look closer at system fluctuations such as temperature, salinity and pH. Last given is make sure you're running carbon as that the water coming out of you tank is the same clarity / color as the water going in. Do note that new SPS corals sometimes need a few weeks to acclimatize to your tanks conditions.

Alk and pH are a tad low. Phosphate will definitely inhibit growth of any calcareous corals and to confirm your test kit measuring as zero you should have next to no algae growth. For example, if you place a brand new frag plug into the system a month later it should still appear to be as white as it was new. Once you eliminate those as factors you might need to look closer at system fluctuations such as temperature, salinity and pH. Last given is make sure you're running carbon as that the water coming out of you tank is the same clarity / color as the water going in. Do note that new SPS corals sometimes need a few weeks to acclimatize to your tanks conditions.

can i see your build thread?

Feed the corals about once a week and just keep up with the good water quality.

SPS grow slowly...just the way it is.

Yea went a bit heavy to start with and got a cyano out break. have backed it off to once a week now and the cyano is pretty much gone.

I am noticing growth though so that is good.

Archived