Coral Vue Hydros

Dosing Mg or Acropower causes color loss?

JavaJacketOC

I recently started dosing Kent Tech M to proactively take care of a small patch of what I believe is bryopsis per one a treatment thread on NR. I raised Mg from 1260 to 1850 over the course of about a week and a half through small daily doses

I also recently started dosing Acropower using 5ml once a week, which is actually a little less than the recommended dosage of 5ml per 25 gallons (I have about 30 gallons after everything).

I've noticed that several of my corals with red undertones have either become washed out, or in the case of some zoas,....almost transparent looking.

Reddish/Brown w/green mouth Paly = Transparent

Red Zoas = Washed out and more orange than red

Wine Blastos = Washed out

Starburst Monti = Browned out more than when I originally got it (I've been told by a couple people that have very bright starburts that dosing Mg should improve the color)

Everything else seems to be unaffected. I can get some pics if it'll help but has anyone experienced this with either of these items?

Can't say if acropower does that .. I have been using it without ill effects to any coral not sure if acros are doing better but or not but have no negative effects because of it.

Have u changed anything in the tank lately - increased lighting , GFO use etc, are u parameter stable ?

Can't say if acropower does that .. I have been using it without ill effects to any coral not sure if acros are doing better but or not but have no negative effects because of it.

Have u changed anything in the tank lately - increased lighting , GFO use etc, are u parameter stable ?

I've actually lowered my lighting a little but that's been in place for a month or so...other than that nothing has changed and my water is typically a little too clean. Have been upping my feeding a bit but hasn't really impacted parameters yet.

Archived