Coral Vue Hydros

Inky poop...

SilverBand

Sorry but i cannot see the organism making it, but about an inch of poo ejected and saw some black fluid like "squid ink" blasted immediately after straight from my rock and it dissipated into the water. What the heck is it? Worm poo?

529F3AF1-BE5B-4B65-AA5F-F2B41E5AFBF2_zps

The black long thing is the poo and the there was a black inky blast of water after from a hole in the rock. What the heck was that?!!?

I have seen the... um "waste product" before in the same area. I had done a water change last night and a half hour later I looked in and saw it ejected from a hole in the rock and pitch black water ejected immediately after. I was quite suprised as I have never seen that before.

Literally looked like a blast of ink that quickly dissipated. Only creatures visible on rock are small feathers, forminiferans (sp?) spaghetti worms, and those worms that make a tube and have two tentacles (forget the name).

Yep that was the word amphipod.

I would have to think it by process of elimination that it is worm defecation not well observed. Otherwise I have a rock dwelling micro squid or an alien :P.

It is weird though. Maybe worms only poop a week after a lunar eclipse or water changes :P.

Archived