inTank Media Baskets

Tang scared of algae clips...

Wretched

Hi, so my tang and all other fish are scared of algae clips with Nori attached to it... So I went to my LFS and asked what I could do.. he recommended these algae rings. The bag didn't have a brand name on them, so i'm not sure what they are? All I know is all my fish come and pick at it intermittently and the others wait for the floaters that come off it. My question is... How long can I leave this in my tank? Or should I leave it, shall I say? Maybe also someone can identify them maybe you have used them before... thanks!

x3ee4k.jpg

I have a Tang and many other fish that like seaweed/Nori. I find rubber banding some folded up piece onto a small rock you can pull in and out easy works best, or a flat frag plug works too. remove any uneaten daily.

I have these. You will need to take it out in a few hours or the thing will disintegrate and pollute the tank.

you'll find on a rubble rock it won't disintegrate like it would on a clip. mine doesn't blow allover the tank, eats eaten fast enough i suppose too.

I have these. You will need to take it out in a few hours or the thing will disintegrate and pollute the tank.

I have a Tang and many other fish that like seaweed/Nori. I find rubber banding some folded up piece onto a small rock you can pull in and out easy works best, or a flat frag plug works too. remove any uneaten daily.

you'll find on a rubble rock it won't disintegrate like it would on a clip. mine doesn't blow allover the tank, eats eaten fast enough i suppose too.

+1 to rock and rubberband.

Ok, i'll try the rubber band method! Thanks guys. I'm against putting my hands in the tank. I did order an extended grabber thing; it should be here tomorrow... Just to confirm, you keep the nori in there all day and at the end of the light cycle remove whatever's left over?

I always start small. If they eat it all next time a little more. They don't it eat all, a little less. Also if you have the space in a fuge.. grow some dragon's breath as food. Your tangs will love it.

I use a long grabber to move rocks, frags, etc. My tang and fish might want more but I never have any waste. The tangs stay busy picking algae all day. If I ever have to put my hands in I rinse my arm and hand under warm water then wipe with paper towels.

Here's what I use. Mine came with different attachments. I've had this for years. Its sold under other names as well.

http://www.amazon.com/KollerCraft-TOM-Aquatic-Gardener-Multi-Tool/dp/B0006JM0DK

Archived