Top Shelf Aquatics

Hermit Crab has killed all of my fish!

lobster876

dont kill him, he's a pet

A while ago, my buddy Patrick went crab fishing (even though it wasn't quite crab season yet). He was on the water for about an hour (and had only caught one crab) when a Fish and Wildlife ranger pulled up.

The ranger exclaimed "Hey, you know it's not crab season yet, don't you?" Patrick said "Yeah, I know."

The ranger responded, "Then, what's with the crab over there?" My buddy explained "That's just my pet crab. I can prove it. If I were to put him in the water, he'd swim right back to me after a minute."

The ranger agreed, so Patrick released the crab into the water. After a couple of minutes, the ranger asked, "Where's the crab?" Acting surprised, Patrick replied "What crab?"

dont kill him, he's a pet, and it's your responsibility to care for him.

Maybe solitary confinement.

I am getting a new sump soon with a refugium section. Maybe I should put him in there? What can he eat in there?

I only plan to put some live rock and chaeto. Or would it require me to drop a food pellet in there a few times a week?

charnelhouse

This happens frequently on offshore fishing trips :) Birds gather for the bait and fisherpersons are throwing pointy objects into the air. I've done it myself a time or two as a matter of fact...

Just a hungry littke fellow. Do younfeed him although I'm surenits an opertunistic feeder lol sucksnhe ate your fish=(

Gurb flurble fergin dastard mesintink....

charnelhouse

I am getting a new sump soon with a refugium section. Maybe I should put him in there? What can he eat in there?

I only plan to put some live rock and chaeto. Or would it require me to drop a food pellet in there a few times a week?

Fish. Feed him fish. He likes them.... :lol::D:lol::D:lol::blink::huh::o

dont kill him, he's a pet, and it's your responsibility to care for him.

Maybe solitary confinement.

Like the sump if you have one. The 20ish or so that I have have been living in the sump for the last 6 to 7 months. There is plenty of crud down there for them to eat. Lol

I think ill make him a little solitary tank

right now hes in a lowes bucket with my spare powerhead until i set it up

sounds good, can't wait to see crabs tank :)

Just a hungry littke fellow. Do younfeed him although I'm surenits an opertunistic feeder lol sucksnhe ate your fish=(

Haha, I love drunken posts

Archived