Top Shelf Aquatics

Looking for a few more reef safe fish

OCNcheffy

ORA Neon Goby, I know it's not going to swim in the open constantly, but these guys go everywhere and have a lot of personality. Also, you would benefit from their "cleaning" skills, better than a cleaner shrimp. I have one in a 22g with a pair of clowns and a possum wrasse and he's always darting around. Lot's of fun to watch.

Some good discussion here - but IMO you're pretty well stocked as it is. I'm not going to say that adding another fish can't be done but I think it's important to plan for the long term success of your reef tank. It's tough to imagine - but in a year or 2 those fish will be much larger. Same with most any fish you add assuming you don't buy an adult.

Generally overstocking just isn't a good idea for long term success. While it's true that a lot of people eventually upgrade tanks and even if you are planning to upgrade tanks in a year or whatever life happens and sometimes your plans get derailed. There's nothing wrong with adding more fish down the line after you upgrade.

If you don't like just having clowns (though they fit your requirements very well) then you could potentially get rid of one of the clowns and add one of the fish on your list according to the recommendations here. Or you could just add the other fish and see what happens.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Archived