Top Shelf Aquatics

Recommend a Clownfish

Snow_Phoenix

Snow_Phoenix

I have had insanely horrible luck in keeping Perculas and Occys. My current Occy is a nutcase that is going to be returned to my LFS, and my Perc jumped out of her holding tank just a day ago, so I'm evaluating my options right now.

I have a 30G mixed reef tank that is currently being re-cycled (all livestock is in one basin, new live sand and cured LR is in the tank), so I still have easily a month to think this over.

As of right now, I have these fish in my giant basin (where all my corals, inverts and fish are being stored):

1 Red TSB

1 Pink Spotted Watchman Goby

1 Allen's Damsel (surprisingly passive but he will be the last fish added)

Both the Red TSB and Damsel are almost 2-years-old and came from someone else's tank. The Goby has been with me for slightly over a month.

So which clownfish do you think can get along with all three of them? I don't necessarily need a pair - even a lone one would do.

My personal opinion/experience has been this:

1. Saddleback Clown (no exp. with this so can't comment)

2. Skunk clown (relatively tame and the orange ones can be vibrant and active)

3. Clarkii clown (adorable when they're juvis, not sure how they are as they mature)

4. Tomatos/Cinnamon clowns (very vibrant but usually don't pair and can be quite territorial)

5. Maroon clown (easily one of the most beautiful yet craziest clowns ever)

So which one out of these five would you pick if you had my tank size (2.5' x 1.5' x 1.5') ~ 30G? And why?

Will there be compatibility issues with my present fish stock?

*Also, I will most likely be getting either a Sebae or RBTA nem by the end of this year.

Archived