Innovative Marine Aquariums

Small Clown Food

Hig789

I recently picked up a pair of fancy ocellaris clowns and one is pretty small. They were feeding on Reef Frenzy at the fish store but I was wanting to feed them dry foods for ease of feeding.

I originally bought New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets to feed them it the small clowns mouth isn't big enough to eat those. So then I picked up some Omega .5 garlic marine pellets, they would eat some of it and spit some of it out. And the other day I got some Cobalt CA Mysis flakes as sample and they go nuts for it but the bad thing is is that it's almost a powder and I feel a whole lot gets wasted.

Any recommendations on something else that's small I could try or just stick with the CA Mysis?

I fed mine and still do prime reef flake and just grind them into finer particles for small fish,and also formula one pellets by ocean nutrition

I also use prime reef flakes. I have an occelaris in QT right now that is about an inch long. It will eat reef frenzy like there is no tomorrow. I tried the flakes a few times and it goes for those too.

I fed mine and still do prime reef flake and just grind them into finer particles for small fish,and also formula one pellets by ocean nutrition

Thank ya. Need to see if I can find some different .5mm pellets since they don't like the Omega stuff that much.

I guess I just need to get a can of the Cobalt Mysis that's not smashed into powder too.

dragonxflare

I feed my cyclopeeze, or I rub a pellet apart with my thumb to break it up for them. Mostly cyclopeeze though.

I do the same. My clown is about an inch, and mainly eats cyclopeeze and flakes. Occasionally he eats pellets, but his favorite is cyclopeeze.....

I

m looking online for the name of the Clown fish hatchling food.. really tiny and they go crazy over it.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/5-mm-pellets-dry-hatchery-diet-sustainable-aquatics.html

I believe you're talking about this one?

• 2 weeks later...

I

m looking online for the name of the Clown fish hatchling food.. really tiny and they go crazy over it.

I believe you are talking about the link in the above post. I just picked some up from our LFS. They said every clown they have had went nuts over it. My clowns came from SA so hopefully they will love it too.

Archived