Cultivated Reef

New Percula Pair Inbound

CJJon

I've been wanting a non-moprh true percula pair for a while now. However, spotted these two on DD and they are very nice. They should ship Tuesday.

photo_zps3ckwicld.jpg

HarryPotter

I've been wanting a non-moprh true percula pair for a while now. However, spotted these two on DD and they are very nice. They should ship Tuesday.

photo_zps3ckwicld.jpg

Nice! You planning on a long quarantine?

Nice! You planning on a long quarantine?

I am prepping a couple 10g tanks today for TTM. Plan on doing TTM and then into a 20G Long for observation for couple three weeks after the two weeks for TTM.

Doesn't DD do their own quarantine? I thought I read that somewhere. Is it a matter of "Trust No One"?

They do, but I've got plenty of room and lots of tanks, so I would rather be sure. They probably will be the only fish in this tank, but I still would rather deal with something in the QT if it pops up.

Even DD recommends QT'ing everything.

charnelhouse

Yeah, I know it's a good idea. I've been lucky to this point. I want some barnacle blennies, they will be my last fish add. I will probably QT them in my 6 gallon setup. Not in a huge hurry to add them though.

Nice Perc pair BTW. They are misbar aren't they?

They are misbar, but slight. $79 for the pair.

I'd lke me some barnacle blennies too!

Man that's a good price on those. I need to start looking for a pair also.

Got everything all set up. It's like one billion degrees here today and that made it difficult. I have one new 10g ready to go with fresh water and an AC70 that had been in use on my 10g hermit jail live rock pen. I rinsed it a bit and kept some old floss in there. I used one small rock from the hermit jail and a net pot (I used the rock to weigh the pot down). I have a new AC 70 I put on the hermit jail. I also have a 20L with water and an AC110 humming away. Tomorrow I will transfer over the hermits, rock, and snails from the hermit jail to the 20L and get the hermit jail tank ready for tx number two. I figure I won't clean that one to start and will keep one small rock in there for bio filter. Not really necessary, but I'd rather limit the water changes. A few more tank swaps between the two 10g set ups and I will keep them in QT for a few weeks observation.

Not sure what I am going to put in the 20L. Perhaps a starfish pen for a harley pair. I am hardly out in the shop where the tanks are so anything cool would just sit out there basically unobserved.

Archived