Cultivated Reef

ceramic rings and live rock

elusianzxelo

HarryPotter

Anyone who ever have an radion pro xr15w? Would like to see if is good enough on my nano cube 28 for soft and lps coral

Planning buying it in two weeks witha mesh screen kit

If you are ditching the NanoCube hood and mounting it 6-8 inches above the water then yes, but if you are trying to retrofit it into the hood (Like I did) no.

elusianzxelo

Oh no...the reason why i am planning to do this is cause my tank pver heats with light and hood on. California weather and summer time is a b*tch..haha...planing to remove my canopy add an mesh lid and the light...planijg to add an fan as well...i am not going for chiller just way to expensive. Just not sure if tha light will he powerfull enough to do softy and lps...it will be my first led light my lastmlight i had was a t5

Partially Submerged

cause how food can get stuck in there and produce nitrate,

You do realize that if you have excess food (or whatever organic matter) floating around, it will get stuck *somewhere*, right? It doesn't matter whether ring or whatever- it's not the discs that produce the nitrate but the organic matter in your tank. In which case you have a over-feeding or over-stocking problem. If you have floss in a previous filtration stage, there is pretty much exactly zero chance any major debris will get caught in your ceramic discs. Anyways, you have enough LR and your nitrate is down, so there is no need for additional filtration.

elusianzxelo

Yea tha is why i switch from sponge to filter floss, amd i think is way better. Is cheaper it works better and is way more visible to notice when to change is, amd i have beem doing light feeding with my pump off, which it also work good, it gives them some time to finish the food instead of going down the drain, the amout of food tha left behind is very min,but i do ensure there is a little bit left since i habe crabs amd stuff i do want them to have something to eat

Partially Submerged

Yeah. There are pros and cons to any of those materials (otherwise they wouldn't be around). Sponges can be rinsed out quickly and reused for a long time. Tossing floss every couple days is okay for a certain period, but in the long term, it's probably pretty bad for the environment. But yeah, it works well, and filters very small stuff.

Archived