Top Shelf Aquatics

What level do you keep your SG at?

piano15

TheKleinReef

No problem! I actually watched from when you were younger and had the little ten gallon then to your tank now really cool how the progression advanced!

back in the days where i thought i had a clue.... i had no idea.

but i did have a nice progression! :P

oops we're hijacking. sorry OP.

no worries about the highjack. Love talking about reefing, we don't always have a problem to discuss so this type of topic opens up a discussion of many:)

Cencalfishguy56

Yessir

Interested in trying this ATO out and messing with it a bit to see how efficient it can truly be

back in the days where i thought i had a clue.... i had no idea.

but i did have a nice progression! :P

oops we're hijacking. sorry OP.

Even then you had a nice little tank man! Haha

PathOfDeception

Interested in trying this ATO out and messing with it a bit to see how efficient it can truly be

It's amazing for the price, waves or heavy salt creeps don't bother it one bit. Combine it with a slow top off pump since it fills quite a bit from min/max. The tom's aqualifter pump is cheap and works perfectly with it.

Cencalfishguy56

It's amazing for the price, waves or heavy salt creeps don't bother it one bit. Combine it with a slow top off pump since it fills quite a bit from min/max. The tom's aqualifter pump is cheap and works perfectly with it.

Yea I read that I'm honestly hearing all good things about it except the fact it fills when its a little late but still in good time haha

slugworth, I was doing some reading on this very topic and apparently corals do best with 1.024-1.026 but my old tank was always at 1.023 and everything in my tank was doing great and growing.

How long has your tank been up and running?

Tanks has been running for ~3 months but only added coral in the last 3 weeks.

They are all looking happy with full extension, although not sure what the time frame for visible reaction to SG problems are.

CronicReefer

If it is a FOWLR many people keep salinity lower (1.020-1.023) to help keep the water oxygenated. Most reef systems are run at around 1.024-1.026 to match NSW levels as most corals do not respond well to extended periods of low salinity.

Archived