Coral Vue Hydros

Reef Mentor

Bowen1022

Hi guys. I am new to reef keeping and since I live in an apartment I don't have the room to do a larger tank so I went with a 10 gal. I was wondering if there was anyone interested in being my mentor? I hope for someone who is patient and willing to give me tips and tricks and teach me a lot about nano reef keeping. Thanks a lot!

Hello, welcome to N-R.com. You'll find that you can get just about any question that you post answered by someone. It's actually nice to get some different perspectives. After much reading, you'll eventually learn who you trust and who has a similar perspective on reef keeping.

Nano sapiens

Hi guys. I am new to reef keeping and since I live in an apartment I don't have the room to do a larger tank so I went with a 10 gal. I was wondering if there was anyone interested in being my mentor? I hope for someone who is patient and willing to give me tips and tricks and teach me a lot about nano reef keeping. Thanks a lot!

Hello, welcome to N-R.com. You'll find that you can get just about any question that you post answered by someone. It's actually nice to get some different perspectives. After much reading, you'll eventually learn who you trust and who has a similar perspective on reef keeping.

^^ this...

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/_/beginners/

Welcome.

There is tons of info available online, Read as much as you can, ask as many questions as you need to.

There are no stupid questions :) I learned this with my 55g. I also learned to trust certain ppl's advice and foregoing others.

You will want to start off by reading on setting up the tank properly, cycling the tank, testing water, water changes, stocking your tank.

Patience, going slow, and starting right is the best advice

This forum has been great to me over the last few years. Helps to know what your looking to know about though to be able to dig down deep. Im no expert by any means, but feel free to PM me any question you have (especially the ones you dont want to ask in public for fear of sounding like a newb.) lol

Archived