Innovative Marine Aquariums

Maxspect T5 retro

Nanofreak79

• 3 weeks later...
Nanofreak79

List of equipment:

- Aquatic life 2x24 watt retro ballast kit. It looks deceiving when buying, but the kit comes with, bulb clips, pre wired end

caps, and ballast.

- 2x24"bulbs, your choice. I like the blue plus ATI bulbs

- 2x24"Aquatic life T5 retro reflector kit. Reflectors have clips that allow them to snap on bulb.

- 4x macine screws and nuts, purchased from HD. forget the exact size, just measured in between fins for correct size.

- zip ties to hold wiring down onto heatsink and clean up wiring to the end of fixture.

- electrical tape to wrap end cap wires onto poet wire at end of the fixture, to tidy it up and so wires don't accidentally pull bulbs out of the clips that are on the heatsink.

- flexible wiring loom to cover all wring into one bundle all the way down to the balasts for the razor and aquatic life ballast.

Picture album

https://www.flickr.com/gp/118544342@N02/2j3Z90

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I did the same thing a while ago! Still haven't made my cover for the bulbs yet, but it doesn't look too bad without. Has your growth changed? My sps took off after I added the t5's

Nanofreak79

Yeah, my corals are happier and definitely see faster growth. I did a better write up in max spect forum!

Archived