inTank Media Baskets

Maroon Clown fish Questions

Matteo

So have to Osc. Clowns which are cute and all but just too ordinary and wont fricken host by GBTA. I have had a maroon before and it paired with my rose pretty quick. Do maroon clown fish pair with bta's more often the false percs? Thinking of trading the two in for a maroon today at LFS

rone_kevin66

Can't make a Clown host anem. They will host what they want when they want. My pair have taken a liking to my return pipe and wants nothing to do with my bt

Cencalfishguy56

So have to Osc. Clowns which are cute and all but just too ordinary and wont fricken host by GBTA. I have had a maroon before and it paired with my rose pretty quick. Do maroon clown fish pair with bta's more often the false percs? Thinking of trading the two in for a maroon today at LFS

Yea typically maroons and clarkiis , and tomato clowns are great at hosting in a short amount of time but they are assholes well tomato and maroons are haha

rone_kevin66

traded both in for a beautiful two inch gold stripe maroon. He loves my BTA, took minutes.

Congrats they took rt to it. Any pics

well to remove the two clowns I has some rocks had to be move around. When back home I will see if the anemone is backout from hiding in a cave last night and hopefully he is out! pics will come later today!

well to remove the two clowns I has some rocks had to be move around. When back home I will see if the anemone is backout from hiding in a cave last night and hopefully he is out! pics will come later today!

Congrats! The anemone /clownfish pairing never gets old lol. Always extra fun to watch.

I know! my girlfriend was upset I took back the two osc. clowns but I was like look how much better the maroon and bta are haha

HarryPotter

C'mon pictures! Stop torturing us! omgomgomg

Congratulations on the hosting- I had the same struggle and ended up trading for a (normal) maroon as well.

Cencalfishguy56

I got pretty lucky honestly,both my tank bred ocellaris clowns have used all 3 anemones I've had as host.

Mine did also but my frogspawn haha

My occy hosted a bta then I got a larger clown and then neither hosted the nem, removed everyone from the tank for ich and got rid of the larger clown so I am hoping the original clown will host again lol

Took these with my Nikon. BTA is in a cave stressed from the whole move. I'll post pics as soon as it comes back out.

post-74975-0-92602100-1432337138_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-19813600-1432337141_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-20635400-1432337145_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-94527200-1432337148_thumb.jpg

post-74975-0-87458500-1432337228_thumb.jpg

Clownfish2004

Awsome maroon. I would love one of those but they get big for clowns. Also they are aggressive good luck tho.

Neither of my Occ wanted to host in my BTA. Tried everything. So, I ended up getting a dedicated BC29 with BTAs. I bought a matched pair of Gold Stripe Maroons. Couldn't be happier. Oh, she'a a biotch alright. But, that's ok... it's her tank.

I have a Randall's Goby and Tiger Snapping Shrimp in there too. Most she does to the Goby is spray sand all over him. He just stares at her.

post-87432-0-26629900-1432501057_thumb.jpg

post-87432-0-74427800-1432501057_thumb.jpg

HarryPotter

Neither of my Occ wanted to host in my BTA. Tried everything. So, I ended up getting a dedicated BC29 with BTAs. I bought a matched pair of Gold Stripe Maroons. Couldn't be happier. Oh, she'a a biotch alright. But, that's ok... it's her tank.

I have a Randall's Goby and Tiger Snapping Shrimp in there too. Most she does to the Goby is spray sand all over him. He just stares at her.

Beautiful clowns! Have you seen them lay eggs?

(Oh and hello to another south Floridian)

Beautiful clowns! Have you seen them lay eggs?

(Oh and hello to another south Floridian)

Thanks! I love the color contrast between the two.

No eggs yet. If/when it'll be my 1st time and I'll probably freak out like when my skunk cleaner shrimp spawned (or whatever it would be called.)

I'm up near West Palm. Started in 2013. Had the Nem tank for a year now. The other is a BC29 reef/coral/fish tank that I downsized from a 60g cube.

reefernanoman

My Maroon Clown pair would go right into my BTA as soon as I introduce it. I have a juvenile black and white clown in my other tank, and I introduced my BTA in there, and he will not get close to it. MCF in my experience take to BTA's immediately. Good luck.

reefernanoman

C'mon pictures! Stop torturing us! omgomgomg

Congratulations on the hosting- I had the same struggle and ended up trading for a (normal) maroon as well.

Here are mine:

Archived