Pod Your Reef

Brandy's JBJ 45 RL Thread

Jdc88

Looks good, I also run a JBJ 45 w/ a maxspect 120w 16k. Just today I have replaced the maxspect w/ 2x AI Prime units. Look forward to your progress.

Thanks. I took your advise and bought some prime yesterday. As of now, all results are low

Am .25

Ni .25

Na 0

It doesn't take much Am or Ni to do damage to the fish. I would definitely use the prime to detox it. I believe seachem recommends using it every 24-48 hours.

HarryPotter

Heck yeah a RL-45 build! Check out my Nanocube Thread- I'm transitioning to a RL-45 this month!

It'll have DIY sump, Radion XR30w pro, 2x Vortech Mp10wQD, Super Reef Octopus Sump, Apex Gold, etc! I'm so happy to have someone else with a similar tank!

Heck yeah a RL-45 build! Check out my Nanocube Thread- I'm transitioning to a RL-45 this month!

It'll have DIY sump, Radion XR30w pro, 2x Vortech Mp10wQD, Super Reef Octopus Sump, Apex Gold, etc! I'm so happy to have someone else with a similar tank!

I'll be looking out for it.

Okay so I went to my lfs to get me a cuc but since I do not have any algae yet I decided to just get a few fish and one coral. I picked up a galaxea which should not be by other corals so I put it on top by its self. I understand they need lots of light. I tested my calcium and KH and got 161 on KH. And 440 on calcium. Is that in range?

HarryPotter

I just started my RL-45 too! The livestock and LR will be a transfer, so I should be able to avoid a cycle. I hope! :)

IMG_0482_zpshwxav07c.jpg

• 1 month later...

ok. Update. Went through the brown algae stage and i now have light green algae on top of the rocks closest to the light. Is there anything I need to do?

Murphs_Reef

Sides are installed

Final product. Beautiful

Set the tank on the stand

Sand, water and salt

Lights (maxspect razor), 100w eheim heater and vortech mp10 propeller pump

Yep that's goons hold a tank twice the weight lol.. And looks awesome to boot!

michaelrzachmann

ok. Update. Went through the brown algae stage and i now have light green algae on top of the rocks closest to the light. Is there anything I need to do?

post some pics

HarryPotter

YESSS post pictures!!! :)

HarryPotter

Should I turn the lights off for a day or 2. Or do a 25% water change? All water test are perfect

Is just cycling, you could turn off the lights for a bit. Don't worry about it!

Archived