Coral Vue Hydros

60 long weight?

tds0

2hppyk8.jpg

What do u think about this stand i made? Check out the nail.on the right thats sticking out :0

My wife banned me after i made all of these objects or whatever you call them :/

Jellyingabout

Credit where its due, those cuts look neet and you pulled your finger out which most people never get round to doing.

I ran a handyman for my sins and i'd recommend you invest in a router to create some nice chamfers and help you cut teeth to slot those legs into the corners. i'd also mitre those lengths to hide the end grain.

A lick of oil won't kill them either :)

Buddy u talking about the stands i built or found :)

What do u think about the legs on my fish stand? Think ill be good??

My wife wants to throw away all of the furniture i built and replace it with ikea

Jellyingabout

The fish tank stand looks great. I think the legs will be ok but they'll ruin your carpet. You could put a board underneath to spread the load.

As for the others this would look far better as a mitred edge (with a spline) http://prntscr.com/6v2prcwith the legs put into the proper corner with a mortice or a rabbet joint. A router would do it all :)

From my experience the fish tank piss the wife off enough as it is, if i started building things she'd kill me :)

I dont care about my carpet one bit

Im only concerned about the weight :)

My buddy came came over and guessed my stands were about 300lbs.? 275?

300+500= do i need to worry where its placed?

Right now my biocube plus 150 lbs doesnt worry.me a bit

Besides it leaking!

Don't junk up that beautiful tank! Make sure to turn it into an AIO or drill it so it stays clean looking! Don't let it look like your furniture! :P

As far as weight, I wouldn't worry! Place it against a load bearing wall over as many joists as possible.

I am personally breaking all the rules in my apt :P Two 40B's stacked running the same way as the joists and a 45g cube with a 29g cube in the middle of the house nowhere near a load bearing wall. (Don't do what I do!)

BTW, I have been thinking of making some cool furniture out of crates :P I think it can look pretty stylish.

home-depot-wooden-crate-furniture-making

eb5a6d5a845c0d27b13a715cc479d5b4.jpg

Jellyingabout

We laugh at my projects now and try to make the best out of things :)

if only more people took this attitude to life

Archived