ReefCleaners.org

Best / safest way to lower Nitrate and Phosphate in 10g

_Stitch_

The manufacturer is actually being conservative...

I do think that the edged Marine Pure products are better than the spheres, as when placed in an area, allows for less water to flow around them. Though I haven't actually used the spheres, so can't say for certain.

Very interesting. Thank you for reporting that. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attempt to duplicate your results as there is no room in my IM Fusion 10g nano to hold a somewhat trimmed block of MarinePure. I'd have to remove my protein skimmer to accommodate a block, and I don't want to do that. But it's definitely something I will keep in mind should I upgrade to a larger system.

Very interesting. Thank you for reporting that. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attempt to duplicate your results as there is no room in my IM Fusion 10g nano to hold a somewhat trimmed block of MarinePure. I'd have to remove my protein skimmer to accommodate a block, and I don't want to do that. But it's definitely something I will keep in mind should I upgrade to a larger system.

Yeah it is. In the end though, so long as you have a method to deal with the nutrient in the water, then that's all cool. :) I don't really like skimmers (just a personal preference), so I went for this instead.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips and information in this thread. It's helped a lot and I used it as a base for plenty of other research.

For the last few days I've had small bags of Purigen and Phosguard from Seachem in my chamber getting plenty of flow. Sadly Chemipure Elite isn't available here. Anyway, these are temporary measures until I get my GFO/Carbon reactor up and running (ordering soon).

I'm still keeping up with the bi-weekly water changes and the Phosphate and Nitrate values are reducing, green hair is disappearing and I've not had to touch the glass in over a week, still clean.

Sounds funny but in a way you almost want things to go wrong in the Aquarium hobby so that you actually learn at a quicker pace.

Cheers

From the picture you posted, I see nothing to worry about. A few snails should easily be able to take care of that little patch of algae. Keep up with routine water changes and everything will be fine.

Archived