Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Landen 11x11x11 Build

Jimba009

Good afternoon everyone. I am starting up a Landen cube, roughly 7 gallons of salty goodness. My question to everyone; Should I build an internal overflow with a pump or just use a couple of powerheads and keep the water moving good?

Thanks,

J

By internal overflow do you mean make it into an AIO tank?

Is the tank already built?

IMO with such a small water volume I would just get a small circulation pump and use that. If you want to add mechanical or chemical filtration or anything I would get an HOB aquaclear or something. To me, taking up 3-4" of the tank to make it an AIO isn't worth it - unless you do a tiny corner overflow, like just big enough to hold a pump. The only benefit I can think of would be to kleep the water surface clear, but a circulation pump pointed slightly up should keep the surface clear.

Sounds like it will be a cool tank.

Thanks ajmckay. I was thinking of a corner overflow to keep it small and somewhere to put my heater. I think it would look nicer without it and can use a HOB later if I go the mechanical filtration route. I MIGHT (notice the big might) throw a goby and pistol shrimp in there, but will probably just house some coral and shrimp/inverts.

Archived