Cultivated Reef

Where To Buy Custom Made Tanks?

shawnriv

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to start a new project with a rimless shallow tank but would need it custom made. I am looking something like 30 x 30 x 12. Does anyone know of any companies in Southern New England (Massachusetts, Rhode Island) that make custom tanks? I was going to order online but shipping costs are very, very high.

Thanks!

That is pretty big. If it's quality you're after 100% go wth PicO, the shippig cost is well worth it. Just IMO but you're already out a bunch of cash for the tank, may as well spend the extra and get the best possible without worrying about the shipping cost.

PicO is worth it. Don't spend money you don't have but temper money-saving decisions with the fact that you'll be looking at the tank for a (hopefully) very long time.

Markburns43

I did a quick search I have zero exp with this company but bear glass in nj not far. Check it out bearglass.com

Shipping of a tank that size in glass has to be frieght I'd believe and I can't imagine cheap any ways, but atleast its closer than glass cages .

That is pretty big. If it's quality you're after 100% go wth PicO, the shippig cost is well worth it. Just IMO but you're already out a bunch of cash for the tank, may as well spend the extra and get the best possible without worrying about the shipping cost.

My measurements were in inches by the way; definitely not a 30 foot tank. Lol.

Still, that's a 46.8 gallon tank. Whereas a 24 x 24 x 12" tank would only be 29.9 gallons. I'd build the tank around the lighting. What are you planning to use to light a 30 x 30 area? Just curious.

Archived