Innovative Marine Aquariums

It's proper nano time! featuring MAME sexiness *clam pic*

gus6464

Congrats on the new house prospect. If you can go big get the 100 gallon. I was thinking about going up on Saturday but I spent way too much at Reefers Garage last week. I think the wife would notice more new stuff. So I think I am going to stay away this year.

Good luck with the house hunt it took us a year and we made 18 offers. Hopefully you get into something sooner than we did. We do live in a tough market to get the house you want. I guess thats the price we pay for living here.

I decided to add two purple plus for color and they seem to be helping. They are only on during the 5 hour burst when the lights are running at midday power.

My camera for some reason shows the tank with a pink hue but it looks white in person. I am running pretty close to a 10K as I like all the colors that show unlike a heavier blue.

ORA Red Goni I got a couple of days ago.

DSC00358.JPG

My Toxic Goni is growing pretty fast too

DSC00359.JPG

They have a whole section of the tank to themselves as I hear they can be pretty nasty to other corals.

New corals I got yesterday

ORA Tricolor Valida

DSC00362.JPG

ORA Verde

DSC00363.JPG

ORA Pearlberry (shipping was not kind to it but looking better today)

DSC00364.JPG

And then I got this clam. It was supposed to be a teal ORA Derasa but they sent me the wrong clam. Unique Corals was great though and refunded me what I paid and let me keep the clam anyway. They are trying to source me another ORA Derasa like the one I wanted.

DSC00367.JPG

I have started using Aquavitro Fuel and all my corals go nuts over the stuff. Crazy polyp extension a couple of minutes after I drop it in. Have also been dosing Iodine (Lugol's) twice a week and everything is responding nicely to it. I think the Goniopora like it the most. I haven't started using 2-part yet as my parameters have been stable and I have been doing 7.5G water changes like clockwork once a week. I do dose K and Mg once a week though.

I did order my new tank this weekend at MAX which is the 70G Artisan II but it won't be going up anytime soon until we move. New tank is going to be a clam fest I've decided so it's going to have quite a bit of different clams.

• 1 month later...

Archived