Cultivated Reef

Second mp10 placement.

KyleRay31

A6FCB7B5-8B34-4E33-933D-79C8F1C4D58E_zps

I'm going to be picking up a second mp10 later this week and am trying to figure out the best placement. I currently have the one placed on the back wall with my return aiming straight down the overflow to keep debris from building up in the back where I wouldn't be able to siphon it out. Should I place one on the left and one on the right wall and aim them at each other? Basically I'm looking for suggestions so I don't spend all day moving them around.

Your tank doesn't look very big. Why not turn 1 up higher?

It's a 20in cube. I would like more random flow, plus it's a deal I can't pass up.

I would stack them on the back wall with 6-8" between them and offset a few inches on the back wall where yours currently is and run them on anti-synch - it'll keep your flow in a gyre pattern but the flow around the rocks will be drastically different depending on which one is firing.

Another option is move your current one down a bit and put the second one on the back right glass slightly above the current one. Put it on anti-synch mode. You will get tons of randomness, but less velocity.

Archived