inTank Media Baskets

Vortech MP10 in JBJ 12 Gallon

jtgrimes

Vortech Mode Choice  

6 members have voted

1. 1. With one vortech pump in your tank, what is your favorite mode?

• Reef Crest
    • Tidal Swell
    • Short Pulse
    • Long Pulse
    • Nutrient Transport

Hey all! For the past few months I have been running a mp10w in my 12 gallon display. Currently I am running on the third led dial in Tidal Swell Mode. I feel as though if I go to much higher it will be to much for say my hammer and frogspawn, I also have other lps as well as sps.

I was wanting to see what others currently run mode/speed wise on their Vortech in possibly the same or similar size tank.

• 5 years later...

The answer is all of the above, switching depending on time of day....are the new MP10s programable that way? My old one totally wasnt, but that was a decade ago.  

First I think an MP10 is overkill on a 12 gallon. Ive been really digging my hyggar mini. Its not as powerful, but its quiet and smaller. And I have 5 different flow patterns programmed, depending on time of day...

Wavermaker Cycle:

Dawn, 0530 - 0730 -> Low Flow, Nutrient wave

Sunrise, 0730 - 0900 -> Moderate Flow, standing wave

Daylight, 0900 - 1400 -> High Flow, standing wave

Sunset, 1400 - 1630 -> Moderate Flow, standing wave

Night, 1630 - 0530 -> Moderate Flow, Nutrient wave

hope that helps. 

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

As my return pump, I have the Eheim 1000 in my 12.5 gallon, giving me 265gph that is a lot of turn over for this size tank....

But I want SPS in my tank....

Thats a powerful return pump for the 12G! Totally not required, but it'll be alot of flow with the MP10! lol. 

It'll work - you'll just want to turn it down the MP10 a bit. The MP10 at full throttle will be too much for SPS in a 12G. 

Do you have a name for your tank yet? Can it be the 'Flowmaster!' lol. 

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I know that 265gph is a lot but I was not going to leave the MP10 at full, I want a cross flow dialed down to not allow any dead spots in my tank.

Without the MP 10 I have dead spots in my tank if I was only going to do LPS, that would be fine.

These are the two tanks that have the Eheim 1000 only

20210120_203833.thumb.jpg.a0107ab4013b9fe5d034e3db7767310c.jpg

20210123_102837_HDR.jpg